Prince Harry and Meghan Markle buy European home after being kicked out of Frogmore Cottage

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have reportedly purchased a new home in Europe.

The royal couple recently bought a house in sunny Portugal, according to DailyMail.

 

Meghan, 43, and Harry, 40, have not had a residence of any kind across the pond since 2023, when they were asked to officially “vacate”  Frogmore Cottage, the UK home on the grounds of Windsor Castle the pair moved into after getting married in 2018.

JLo At 52 Looks Twice As Young, Thanks To These Little Secrets

10 Gorgeous Asian Actresses No Man Can Resist

These 7 Celeb Couples Pulled Off Secret Weddings!

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex picking up a vacation home in Portugal makes sense given that the country boasts two other homeowners from the Windsor dynasty: Princess Eugenie and her husband, Jack Brooksbank.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrived in San Basilio de Palenque, Colombia on August 17, 2024.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrived in San Basilio de Palenque, Colombia on August 17, 2024.Elkin Cabarcas 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrived in San Basilio de Palenque, Colombia on August 17, 2024.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry held hands during an outing in San Basilio de Palenque, Colombia on August 17, 2024.GTres / SplashNews.com
The pair, who recently celebrated their six-year wedding anniversary, own a property in the CostaTerra Golf and Ocean Club, a luxury development of 300 properties on the Atlantic Ocean in the small town of Melides, about 81 miles south of the Portuguese capital, Lisbon.

Brooksbank, 38, works for CostaTerra in their marketing and sales department.

The Virus Living In A Person’s Body Mutated Gaining New Symptoms

The Health Benefits Of Watching Horror Movies

9 Worst Movie Remakes Of All Time

CostaTerra is a part of a company founded by Mike Meldman, who along with George Clooney invested in the tequila company, Casamigos. Brooksbank was previously a brand ambassador for Casamigos.

“Chronicles Of Narnia” Fans Were Bemused To See How She Looks Now

‘Back To The Future’ Stars: Reunited And It Feels So Good!

Smith’s 14-Year-Old Daughter Is The Spitting Image Of The Mother

Brooksbank and Eugenie, 34, divide their time between London and Portugal along with their two sons, three-year-old August, and sixteen-month-old Ernest.

Queen Elizabeth II gifted Frogmore House to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Queen Elizabeth II gifted Frogmore House to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.Getty Images

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were told to vacate Frogmore House after they stepped down as senior working royal members.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were told to vacate the residence after they stepped down as senior working royal members.Shutterstock
It’s not clear whether Meghan and Prince Harry’s new home is within the CostaTerra confines.

The purchase of a Portugal home may allow the pair to acquire a “Golden Visa,” DailyMail suggests, which could grant them “visa-free access to the European Union’s Schengen area.”

The Sussexes have been to Portugal before. Last year, they reportedly spent a “romantic three-night break” in the country after attending Prince Harry’s Invictus Games in Dusseldorf, Germany. Harry and Meghan were rumored to have stayed at CostaTerra with Eugenie and Brooksbank, who have also visited the couple at their $14 million home in Montecito, Calif.

Frogmore House
Prince Andrew reportedly turned down Frogmore House because it wasn’t grand enough for him.Shutterstock
The couple’s visit to CostaTerra was seemingly confirmed when Jose Santos, head of the Alentejo Tourism Board, said they had enjoyed a “short stay.”

The couple’s prior European home, Frogmore Cottage, was given to them by Queen Elizabeth II as a wedding present. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex renovated Frogmore to the tune of $3 million, a sum at first paid for by the British taxpayer through the Sovereign Grant and later reimbursed by the royals.

Harry and Meghan lived at Frogmore only briefly, having left it behind when they stepped down from their roles as senior working members of the royal family in 2020.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at St Paul's Cathedral in London on June 3, 2022.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at St Paul’s Cathedral in London on June 3, 2022.AP

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visited a Caribbean drumming school in Cartagena in August 2024.
The couple visited a Caribbean drumming school in Cartagena in August 2024.MEGA
Eugenie and Brooksbank then took over the lease, so to speak, and lived there for a period of time. Harry and Meghan are reportedly quite close with Eugenie and Brooksbank, who were the only members of the royal family to be featured in their Netflix docuseries.

Harry and Meghan’s ouster from Frogmore occurred shortly after the prince released his memoir “Spare,” which spared neither Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William nor Kate Middleton from its rehashings of royal drama. The home was then offered to Princess Eugenie’s father, Prince Andrew, who reportedly turned it down because it was not grand enough for him.

The Post has reached out to representatives for Prince Harry and Meghan.

The pair, who recently celebrated their six-year wedding anniversary, own a property in the CostaTerra Golf and Ocean Club, a luxury development of 300 properties on the Atlantic Ocean in the small town of Melides, about 81 miles south of the Portuguese capital, Lisbon.

Brooksbank, 38, works for CostaTerra in their marketing and sales department.Brooksbank and Eugenie, 34, divide their time between London and Portugal along with their two sons, three-year-old August, and sixteen-month-old Ernest.

It’s not clear whether Meghan and Prince Harry’s new home is within the CostaTerra confines.

The purchase of a Portugal home may allow the pair to acquire a “Golden Visa,” DailyMail suggests, which could grant them “visa-free access to the European Union’s Schengen area.”

The Sussexes have been to Portugal before. Last year, they reportedly spent a “romantic three-night break” in the country after attending Prince Harry’s Invictus Games in Dusseldorf, Germany. Harry and Meghan were rumored to have stayed at CostaTerra with Eugenie and Brooksbank, who have also visited the couple at their $14 million home in Montecito, Calif.

The couple’s visit to CostaTerra was seemingly confirmed when Jose Santos, head of the Alentejo Tourism Board, said they had enjoyed a “short stay.”

The couple’s prior European home, Frogmore Cottage, was given to them by Queen Elizabeth II as a wedding present. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex renovated Frogmore to the tune of $3 million, a sum at first paid for by the British taxpayer through the Sovereign Grant and later reimbursed by the royals.

Harry and Meghan lived at Frogmore only briefly, having left it behind when they stepped down from their roles as senior working members of the royal family in 2020.Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at St Paul's Cathedral in London on June 3, 2022.

Eugenie and Brooksbank then took over the lease, so to speak, and lived there for a period of time. Harry and Meghan are reportedly quite close with Eugenie and Brooksbank, who were the only members of the royal family to be featured in their Netflix docuseries.

Harry and Meghan’s ouster from Frogmore occurred shortly after the prince released his memoir “Spare,” which spared neither Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William nor Kate Middleton from its rehashings of royal drama. The home was then offered to Princess Eugenie’s father, Prince Andrew, who reportedly turned it down because it was not grand enough for him.

The Post has reached out to representatives for Prince Harry and Meghan.

 

 

 

Related Posts

“PLEASE HELP ME BRING MY SON HOME BEFORE IT’S TOO LAT…” A British mother broke down in tears beside her son’s hospital bed after he was critically injured in a motorcycle accident in Thailand.

The mother of a young British man who was critically injured in a collision in Thailand has appealed for donations to help bring her son home ‘before it’s too…

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH” — Rupert Lowe Launches £600,000 Rape Gang Inquiry After Years Of Failure

Yarmouth MP Rupert Lowe’s ‘rape gang inquiry’ hearings start. Great Yarmouth independent MP Rupert Lowe raised more than £600,000 to launch the ‘Rape Gang Inquiry’, which began…

‘I Could Be Completely Immobile’: The Chase Star Breaks Silence on Parkinson’s in Emotional On-Stage Confession That Left Fans Stunned

Paul Sinha, best known to millions as The Sinnerman on The Chase, has spoken candidly about his Parkinson’s diagnosis — admitting the reality of the condition has been “tough” to…

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping thɑt the ɗeɑɗline will bring the relief they deserve.  WATCH NOW  SS

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping…

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as she broke down while begging for urgent change to SMA Type 1 testing. Her voice cracked. Her hands trembled. And then the room fell silent as Jesy sobbed: “I look at my children and think… why wasn’t this caught sooner?” Witnesses say even hardened officials struggled to keep composure as she spoke of fear-filled nights, unanswered questions, and the unbearable weight of watching parents learn devastating news too late. Wes Streeting was seen blinking back tears as Jesy pleaded: “Early testing saves lives. It saves families. No parent should ever, ever have to go through this pain.” The moment cut far deeper than politics — raw, unfiltered grief colliding with power, in a confrontation Britain wasn’t ready for. Support flooded in within minutes, with parents calling her words “heart-shattering” and campaigners saying this could be the speech that finally forces change. One thing is clear: this wasn’t a celebrity appearance. It was a mother’s cry — and it left scars on everyone who heard it. SS

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as…

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private life. SS

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private…