Nick Knowles reveals major health update and addresses his Strictly future after pulling out of Movie Week due to an injury

Nick Knowles revealed a major health update in regards to his future on Strictly Come Dancing on Wednesday after pulling out of last week’s live show due to an injury.

The DIY SOS star, 62 – who is paired with pro Luba Mushtuk – missed out on last Saturday’s Movie Week due to a shoulder problem, before falling and injuring his knee during rehearsals.

It’s yet to be decided whether Nick will be returning to the dance floor this week and the TV presenter has admitted that the decision still hangs in the balance.

He shared an update with fans both on his Instagram account and during an appearance on It Takes Two alongside Luba.

In the Instagram video, he told fans: ‘So I’m behind the scenes at It Takes Two and the good news today is that the physios have cleared me to train tomorrow.

Nick Knowles revealed a major health update in regards to his future on Strictly Come Dancing on Wednesday after pulling out of last week's live show due to an injury
+9

Nick Knowles revealed a major health update in regards to his future on Strictly Come Dancing on Wednesday after pulling out of last week’s live show due to an injury

He shared the update with fans both on his Instagram account and during an appearance on It Takes Two alongside Luba
+9

He shared the update with fans both on his Instagram account and during an appearance on It Takes Two alongside Luba

‘That’s not an all clear for Saturday yet. I have to see how I get on tomorrow and then a decision will be made on Friday.

‘So, obviously we’ll update you as we go along. But I just wanted to take this moment to say thank you for all the well wishes that I’ve received and encouragement from everybody.  And I’m hopeful that I will be dancing on Saturday.’

Then, being interviewed by Janette Manrara during the BBC dance competition’s spin-off show It Takes Two, Nick went into detail about what happened on Friday.

He explained: ‘We’d had a great week learning the dance and we were doing the camera tech rehearsals where the cameras get to see how the dance works and everything.

‘Very last step of the dance I was late getting to where I should and leapt to the position and my one leg stayed still and the rest of me went through.

‘Had a bit of a collapse and realised it wasn’t in a good position. I hurt my knee basically.’

On the bright side, he added: ‘Each day gets a little bit better.  On Friday, it looked pretty bad to be honest. Saturday was not so good but I got a scan and so we decided to wait until Monday so we could have a look at that.

‘Monday was a little bit stronger and today I got the see the physios and I’ve had help from all the rehab and physio’s and doctors and they have given me clearance to try and dance tomorrow to train.

Nick Knowles thanks fans for wishes as he reveals health update

The DIY SOS star, 62 - who is paired with pro Luba Mushtuk - missed out on last Saturday's Movie Week due to a shoulder problem, before falling and injuring his knee during rehearsals
+9

The DIY SOS star, 62 – who is paired with pro Luba Mushtuk – missed out on last Saturday’s Movie Week due to a shoulder problem, before falling and injuring his knee during rehearsals

Being interviewed by Janette Manrara during the BBC dance competition's spin-off show It Takes Two, Nick went into detail about what happened on Friday
+9

Being interviewed by Janette Manrara during the BBC dance competition’s spin-off show It Takes Two, Nick went into detail about what happened on Friday

The duo confirmed that a final decision will be made on Friday, and Luba told Janette: 'Tomorrow we will try and we will go gentle and see what we can do and what we can't and then adjust it'
+9

The duo confirmed that a final decision will be made on Friday, and Luba told Janette: ‘Tomorrow we will try and we will go gentle and see what we can do and what we can’t and then adjust it’

It comes after Nick revealed he is 'gutted' to have missed out on Strictly last week as he watched Saturday night's show on crutches
+9

It comes after Nick revealed he is ‘gutted’ to have missed out on Strictly last week as he watched Saturday night’s show on crutches

‘If I train tomorrow then it might not necessarily be the end of it. We will see how I do tomorrow and that is all we can say at the moment.’

The duo confirmed that a final decision will be made on Friday, and Luba told Janette: ‘Tomorrow we will try and we will go gentle and see what we can do and what we can’t and then adjust it.

‘We will take it step-by-step and see what is comfortable and maybe what is feeling uncomfortable. We will create it together.’

It comes after fans worries intensified when he was not included in the list of this week’s songs and dances that are always announced the Wednesday before the next live show.

The show’s Instagram page did say however: ‘We will update with more news on Nick when we have it.’

In accordance with BBC rules the couples can only miss one week due to injury and then they must leave the competition.

Nick also revealed he was ‘gutted’ to have missed out on Strictly last week as he watched Saturday night’s show on crutches.

He wrote on X: ‘Gutted not to be out there with everyone tonight on the dance floor, but still suited up and cheering them on from the sofa!’

Meanwhile, fans have been left baffled over whether Nick will return to the show amid his injury (pictured with pro partner Luba Mushtuk)
+9

Strictly Come Dancing fans have been left baffled over whether Nick Knowles will return to the show amid his injury (pictured with pro partner Luba Mushtuk)

It comes after fans worries intensified when he was not included in the list of this week's songs and dances that are always announced the Wednesday before the next live show
+9

It comes after fans worries intensified when he was not included in the list of this week’s songs and dances that are always announced the Wednesday before the next live show

At the top of the show, hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman updated viewers on the situation as he and his partner partner Luba Mushtuk were granted a free pass to the next round of the competition.

Tess said: ‘As you can see, Nick Knowles and his partner Luba are not here. In rehearsals, Nick sustained an injury and is not able to perform tonight’.

Claudia added: ‘As per the rules of the competition, he will receive a bye into next week’s show.’

Claudia also sent her love to Nick on behalf of the whole team and wished him a ‘speedy recovery’, to which she was met with a round of applause.

Nick was also flooded with well-wishes on his social media. with fans rushing to send him get well soon messages.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…