Reba McEntire Reveals Major Shakeup for ‘The Voice’ Season 25

The Voice coaches’ jobs are about to get a lot harder.

In a promotional video posted to the show’s official Instagram account, judge Reba McEntire revealed that the coaches’ teams will consist of 10 music hopefuls in Season 25, down from last season’s 14.

“So you really have to be selective,” McEntire said. “You really have to make sure that person is one you want on your team because the competition is really stiff.”

Last season was McEntire’s first as a coach on ‘The Voice.’ The “Queen of Country” is on a redemption quest this season after Team Reba contestant Ruby Leigh fell just short in Season 24. The 16-year-old finished runner-up to Team Niall’s Huntley.

When Does The New Season of ‘The Voice’ Start?

Fans itching for new artists to cheer on don’t have much longer to wait. Season 25 of ‘The Voice’ premieres Monday, February 26 at 8/7 p.m. CST on NBC and the NBC app. As with previous seasons, new episodes will be available to stream on Peacock the next day.

Prepare to See New Faces on This Season of “The Voice”

Aside from McEntire, John Legend is also returning to his big red chair for season 25. Chance the Rapper will return as well following his season 23 turn as a guest coach. Country-pop favorites Dan + Shay are the newbies and the first-ever duo coaching team.

Gwen Stefani announced last year that she would exit “The Voice” after seven seasons. The “Hollaback Girl” artist has said she is working on new music, and will reunite with No Doubt on the Coachella stage this April.

Reba McEntire Reveals Major Shakeup for 'The Voice' Season 25 - American  Songwriter

Two-time winning coach Niall Horan also departed the show after Season 24. The Irish singer-songwriter kicked off his The Show: Live on Tour Tuesday (Feb. 20) in Belfast, Northern Ireland. He will hit other international cities such as London, Tokyo, and Sydney before returning to North America in May.

Horan went out on a high note, however. Alt-rock powerhouse Huntley became the second consecutive Team Niall winner after he took home the prize in Season 24. That means Dan + Shay will have some big (and stylish) shoes to fill.

Featured image by Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Related Posts

Christine Lampard Stuns Fans With a Major Happy Announcement Alongside Husband Frank Lampard!D

ITV presenter Christine Lampard has delighted fans after revealing she is expecting her third child with husband Frank Lampard. The Loose Women star shared the exciting family news with a glowing smile and a…

Alex Jones of The One Show fights back tears as husband Charlie Thomson makes a surprise live TV appearance, bringing flowers and embracing her on her special night

Alex Jones was left emotional on Friday night when her husband Charlie Thomson made a surprise live appearance on The One Show to celebrate her remarkable 15 years as…

“I CAN’T SEE THE WORLD I ONCE PERFORMED FOR…” — Dame Judi Dench’s Devastating Revelation Has Left Britain In Tears, As The Beloved Icon Confirms She Is Now Completely Blind, Unable To Watch Theatre, Film, Or Even The Shows That Built Her Legendary Career. With A Trembling Voice, She Whispered: “I Miss The Light… I Miss The Stage… But I’m Trying To Be Brave.” Those Heart-Shattering Words Have Sent Shockwaves Across The Nation — Fans Calling It “A Loss Too Painful To Bear,” Co-Stars Describing Her As “The Soul Of British Storytelling.” Even As Her World Fades To Darkness, Judi Fights To Stay Strong, Saying: “I’ll Keep Going… I Must. There’s Still Love, Even If I Can’t See It.” A Nation Mourns, A Legend Endures — And Her Courage Is Lighting Up Hearts Everywhere.

Britain’s acting legend Dame Judi Dench has shared a deeply moving update about her eyesight, revealing she’s now unable to see the stage or television — not…

“THEY CAN CALL ME RADICAL — BUT I’M DONE STAYING SILENT!” Joanna Lumley’s Fiery On-Air Outburst Leaves Britain Stunned

Joanna Lumley has never been one to stay silent — but her latest comments have ignited one of the most explosive national debates of the year. The…

In a rare, story-inspired glimpse behind the gates of Windsor’s Forest Lodge, Prince William offers a look at the place he and Catherine now call their “forever sanctuary.” Far from ceremony and cameras, this imagined home feels serene, intimate, and filled with the soft design touches Catherine is known for — hand-printed fabrics, gentle colors, and rooms created for calm, comfort, and quiet family moments. There’s a warmth in every corner… the kind that speaks of healing, new beginnings, and the private life the world never sees. And the spaces meant for the children? Thoughtful, tender, and surprisingly personal — the kind that make you forget you’re inside a royal residence at all. But it was one simple detail William revealed in this story-style moment — something small, unexpected, and deeply meaningful — that left royal watchers completely stunned. It wasn’t grand, it wasn’t staged… but its emotional impact is unforgettable

Inside Windsor’s Forest Lodge: A Fiction-Inspired Look at William and Catherine’s Private Sanctuary This article is a creative, story-style imagining inspired by themes of family, healing, and…

“They Turned Britain Into A Place My Fallen Friends Wouldn’t Even Recognise…” A 100-Year-Old WWII Hero Has Delivered A Shattering, Tear-Soaked Warning That Has Left Millions Reeling — A Moment So Raw, So Furious, So Heartbreaking, It Has Been Called “The Most Powerful Plea Of A Dying Generation.” With His Medals Shaking In His Hands, The Veteran Looked Straight Into The Camera And Roared: “They Mock Us, They Forget Us — But They Will NEVER Erase Our Sacrifice!” His Voice Broke As Decades Of Buried Grief Crashed To The Surface: “My Brothers Didn’t Come Home… And For WHAT? This Broken Britain? This Country That No Longer Cares?”

Breaking News:WW2 hero, 100, tears into Labour’s broken Britain: ‘It’s not a nice place anymore!’ The D-Day warrior says Britain is now unrecognisable to him (Image: Ian Vogler…