Prince Harry rejected invitation to Duke of Westminster’s wedding because…

Prince Harry rejected invitation to Duke of Westminster’s wedding because…

Although both princes received the invite to the high-society wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Westminster, only the eldest showed up

Hugh Grosvenor is no longer “Britain’s most eligible bachelor,” as the 33-year-old married Olivia Henson Friday, June 7. The newlyweds tied the knot in front of nearly 400 people at Chester Cathedral. Dubbed the “society wedding of the year,” the opulent event was attended by Prince William. Although the Duke of Westminster is friends with both the Prince of Wales and his brother, Prince Harry rejected the invite amid the duo’s ongoing rift. Prince Harry skipped Hugh Grosvenor and Olivia Henson's wedding while Prince William served as an usherPrince Harry skipped Hugh Grosvenor and Olivia Henson’s wedding while Prince William served as an usher

Why did Prince Harry skip Hugh Grosvenor and Olivia Henson’s wedding?

Although both princes received the invite to the high-society wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Westminster, only the eldest showed up, who served as an usher. The Prince of Wales was also joined by his cousin Princess Eugenie. However, the Duke of Sussex reportedly stayed away over fears of his fallout with Prince William overshadowing his friend’s wedding.

Last week, a source told People that though Prince Harry received an invite, there was “an understanding between the two friends” over his decision to opt out. It would be especially difficult for him to stay in the UK as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were recently evicted from Frogmore Cottage. The source added that Prince Harry sends “his love and support and admiration for the couple” on their wedding.

Prince Harry Declined Invite to Duke of Westminster Wedding (Exclusive)

Grosvenor, Britain’s youngest billionaire, is close to both Princes and is among the very few people who have remained in contact with them through the years leading up to their feud. Another source said, “Hughie did the right thing inviting both brothers while Harry did the diplomatic thing and politely declined saying there were no hard feelings.”

In addition to being the godson of King Charles, the Duke of Westminster is also the godfather to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s eldest son, Prince George, 10, and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s son Prince Archie, 5. “It would have been terribly awkward if he [Prince Harry] had said yes because of the situation with William,” the source added, per Vanity Fair.

Related Posts

Cat Deeley has finally revealed why she decided to divorce her husband Patrick: “You have no idea what I’ve endured over the past 10 years.”

Cat Deeley Finally Opens Up About Her Divorce from Husband Patrick Cat Deeley, the beloved television presenter and model, has recently shared the emotional reasons behind her…

Police say they’ll move “as quickly as possible” after new, troubling details surfaced about the L3168 Gibstown crash that shattered the community 😢👇💔

The five young people who died in a two-vehicle car crash in Ireland have been named by police. The fatal collision happened on the L3168 at Gibstown,…

HEARTBREAKING: Martin & Shirlie Kemp BREAK SILENCE With Emotional Announcement About Daughter Harley Moon.k

Martin and Shirlie Kemp delight fans with adorable birthday tribute to rarely-seen daughter ‘Beauty doesn’t fall far from the tree’ Martin and Shirlie Kemp have issued a…

Joanna Lumley UNDER FIRE “Our Small Nation CANN0T Feed Millions!!” — Fans SH0CKED as National Treasure Faces Backlash Over Migration Remarks!

For half a century, Dame Joanna Lumley has been one of Britain’s most cherished figures — a woman synonymous with elegance, compassion, and the kind of quiet strength that…

GB News host Pɑtrick Christys hɑs detonɑted ɑ politicɑl firestorm ɑfter declɑring it’s now “when, not if” the Prime Minister is finɑlly pushed out ɑs Lɑbour leɑder. His blunt prediction hɑs sent Westminster into meltdown ɑnd triggered ɑ frenzy of speculɑtion ɑbout how close the end reɑlly is. The rumblings ɑre growing louder — ɑnd the pressure is unmistɑkɑble.

GB News airs humiliating 𝘒𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 blow as PM set to be replaced: ‘When, not if’ GB News host Patrick Christys said it is now “when, not if”…

BRITONS TAKE ACTION! New Frɑnce Footɑge Spɑrks Migrɑtion Firestorm ɑcross the Chɑnnel When ministers won’t ɑct, the public steps in — ɑnd the drɑmɑtic new clips ɑre igniting ɑ nɑtionwide debɑte overnight.

British vigilantes slash small migrant boats on French coastline Britons have been filming themselves travelling to beaches in France and ‘destroying’ small boats – gaining thousands of…