[Pictures] See The Voice Coach John Legend’s doppelgänger

John Legend Look-Alike Auditions for ‘The Voice’ and Shocks the Coaches: ‘What’s Up, Twin!’

A contestant named Talakai shocked the vocal coach during Monday night’s episode of the reality competition series

John Legend met his match on The Voice — literally!

On Monday night’s episode, a 34-year-old contestant named Talakai impressed the judges with his vocals and striking resemblance to Legend, 44, who is among the vocal coaches on the reality competition series.

The singer from Sacramento, California chose to do a rendition of Sam Smith’s “Stay with Me” and captivated Legend with his soulful voice after only several verses. As soon as the “All of Me” artist turned his chair around, he smiled, instantly recognizing that his look-alike was performing before him.

Reba McEntire also ended up hitting her button and swiveling her chair to see the vocalist, but Legend made sure to tell costars Gwen Stefani and Niall Horan to brace themselves before turning around. “Wait until you see his face,” he said. “I’m looking at myself! Like, a taller, more handsome version of myself.”

“What’s up, Twin!” Talakai joked from the stage.

John Legend Look-Alike Auditions for ‘The Voice’: ‘What’s up, Twin!’

Talakai of ‘The Voice’ and John Legend.The Voice/NBC; Art Streiber/NBC

The Grammy winner appeared genuinely flabbergasted in the moment. He shared, “On the internet, a lot of times people will send me pictures of people that they think look like me. Most of the time, I’m like, ‘Not really.’ Then I turn around and look at you and we have the same haircut. I’m like, ‘He really, legitimately looks like me.’”

Talakai admitted that he’s gotten the comparison more than a few times. “Every day at work, I get it. In school, they used to sing ‘Ordinary People’ down the hallway all the time,” he said.

“I’m sorry I’ve been haunting you,” Legend joked. “But now you’re on The Voice and I would love to have you on Team Legend.”

While Horan, 30, offered a thoughtful critique, McEntire, 68, shared how impressed she was with the singer, despite knowing he would end up going with Legend as his coach. “I’ll tell you: I absolutely love your voice, your range,” the country music star said. “I know I don’t have a chance against John. I just wanted to come out and watch you. I’m already a huge fan, so welcome to The Voice.”

The aspiring star did in fact go with Legend, who jumped up from his seat to celebrate and take a selfie with his doppelgänger.

John Legend meets doppelgänger Talakai on 'The Voice' Season 24

According to NBC Insider, ahead of Talakai’s audition, he opened up about being raised by his grandparents and ending up in the foster care system when they died. “I’ve been in about 10 homes. I went through physical and mental abuse. Throughout that time, I would always turn to music and that helped me through those dark times,” he revealed on the show.

The Voice kicked off its 24th season on Sept. 25, with new episodes airing every Monday on NBC.

PEOPLE spoke to McEntire earlier this year about joining the show and replacing Blake Shelton, who left the series after Season 23.

She shared, “The country lane — I’m taking over for Blake so I’m gonna represent country music. [He’s got] big boots. I don’t know what size those boots are, but they’re big, so I’m gonna really work hard to make him proud.”

PEOPLE also recently caught up with all four judges ahead of the premiere. When asked what’s been most surprising about the new season, the “Slow Hands” artist joked, “How mean Gwen Stefani is to me. It’s honestly truly shocking.”

Stefani, 54, got in on the joke, too. She added, “All of the girls in the whole world are going to be so mad at me! We’re playing. It’s a joke. He likes it.”

Related Posts

Rupert Lowe has appealed for public support by promoting a parliamentary petition that seeks to remove fees for court and tribunal transcripts, arguing it is vital to uncover the full truth about grooming gang cases.

Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains Momentum Hearings for the “Rape Gang Inquiry” launched by Great Yarmouth independent MP…

SAD NEWS — DAME ESTHER RANTZEN’S FAMILY SHARE EMOTIONAL UPDATE ON CANCER BATTLE

Esther Rantzen has issued a new health update, revealing that she was diagnosed with a second cancer. | AFP via Getty Images Dame Esther Rantzen has shared a…

“NO ONE SHOULD BE SLEEPING ON THE STREETS.” Bradley Walsh has reportedly given away every penny of his £2 million bonus and sponsorship earnings — not for publicity, not for praise, but to build 150 housing units and fund 300 emergency shelter beds for people with nowhere to go. Those close to him say the decision was made quietly, without cameras or announcements. “Bradley didn’t see it as charity,” one source revealed. “He saw it as responsibility.” At a time when most stars protect their wealth, Walsh’s gesture has stunned fans — not because of its size, but because of its sincerity. And as the first doors prepare to open, one line keeps echoing from those who know him best: “He just wanted people to come in from the cold.”

In a world where headlines are often dominated by scandals and controversies, television presenter and actor Bradley Walsh has shown us what true stardom really means —…

Inside Shane Richie’s love life: Drug – fuelled orgy with six blondes; real reason he split from Coleen Nolan; six-year ‘affair with fan’

Inside Shane Richie’s love life: Orgy with six blondes; real reason he split from Coleen Nolan; six-year ‘affair with fan’ He’s popular with the ladies… Shane Richie…

SH0CKING REVELATI0N:A sh0cking behind-the-scenes secret revealed about Lizzie Rizzini, the woman replacing Carol Kirkwood on the 6pm weather bulletin

BBC viewers still reeling from the departure of Carol Kirkwood got another surprise last night when presenter Lizzie Rizzini appeared to flash her black lace stockings on…

HEARTBREAKING: Peter Andre’s Tearful Message to Son Junior After SHOCKING Revelation About How He Truly Feels Toward Mum Katie Price — Katie Price’s reaction scares fans.

Peter Andre’s emotional message to son Junior after it’s revealed how he really feels about mum Katie Pri… PETER Andre has shared an emotional message to his…