Harry demands ‘an apology’ from royal family

Harry demands ‘an apology’ from royal family and won’t reach peace without one

The Duke of Sussex is still hoping the royal family will issue ‘an apology’ to Meghan Markle for the way she was treated – and he is unlikely to reconcile with them until she receives it, according to an expert.

Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex leaves Westminster Abbey after the Coronation Ceremonies of Britain's King Charles III and Britain's Queen Camilla in central London on May 6, 2023.
Prince Harry is still adamant on receiving apology from his royal family members for how they treated his wife Meghan Markle (Image: ODD ANDERSEN/AFP via Getty Images)

Prince Harry is still determined to have his royal relatives apologise to his wife Meghan Markle for the way they treated her after their marriage.

The Duke of Sussex’s relationship with the institution has hit an all time low in recent years, with experts believing it could take years before a proper reconciliation happens.

While Harry has proved he is willing to set aside their differences to support his family on special occasions such as his father King Charles’ Coronation earlier this year, he and Meghan are not expected to join the monarch and other senior royals to mark the first anniversary of the late Queen’s death next month.

Relations between Harry and ‘the Firm’ are still believed to be at an all time low following the release of his bombshell memoir Spare earlier this year.

Royal author Gareth Russell confessed he would he be left “stunned” to see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex reunite with the royal family for the occasion and added that ending the feud between them could only be possible once Harry receives his apology, the Express reports.

Prince Harry, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge during the Commemoration of the Centenary of the Battle of the Somme at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission Thiepval Memorial on July 1, 2016

Relations between Harry and the Firm are believed to be at an all time low (Image: Steve Parsons – Pool/Getty Images)
Russell said: “We don’t know if the invitation was sent out. I would be quite surprised if Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle would’ve accepted it.

“We know that they had declined the invitation to visit when Elizabeth was still alive.

“So, I can’t imagine them saying yes to an invitation now for no other reason than nothing really has changed in the dynamic in this family.”

Speaking to US Weekly, the author added: ” Prince Harry allegedly still wants and expects a full apology and ‘Recollections may vary,’ continues to be the royal’s perspective on things as much as we can tell.

“So no, I suppose we’ll find out one way or the other someday, whether they were invited, but I would be stunned if they had said yes and went to it.”

Details of the family’s plans to commemorate the Queen on September 8 have not been confirmed but the King and Prince William are believed to still be working on marking the sombre occasion with the right level of gravitas.

One source told the publication: “The wounds still feel fresh and it’s been hard for them to find a way for a celebration that will match the gravitas the Queen exuded.

“On September 8 there will be some acknowledgement or event, [but] the details are still being ironed out.”

They added that Charles would likely “reflect in solitude” while William and Kate will take the lead on the day of the anniversary.

But they also suggested that Meghan and Harry are unlikely to be offered an invite to their celebrations despite the Sussexes being scheduled to be in Europe for two weeks at the same time.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge watch a flypast to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force from the balcony of Buckingham Palace on July 10, 2018 in London, England.

Harry and Meghan are not believed to be reuniting with the royals to commemorate the late Queen on the one year anniversary of her death (Image: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)
Russell opined that the anniversary is likely to be the last major opportunity that could bring Harry and Meghan together again with the royal family for years to come.

He added: “I don’t think we’ll see a great deal of interaction between the Sussexes and the rest of the royal family for quite some time.

“I can’t think of a really big royal event that’s coming up in the next couple of years. There’s obviously no coronation, no wedding — as far as we know — [and] no christenings.

“Even those really big events were not enough to completely reunite the family. We didn’t see all of the Sussexes at the Coronation.”

Related Posts

Katie Piper’s Triumph: 17 Years After Acid Attack, She Stuns the World in a Blue Bikini

Seventeen years after a brutal acid attack left her blind in one eye and scarred across her face, neck, chest, and arms — and following more than 250…

“SHE’S NOT OKAY NOW!”: Lesley Joseph Breaks Down Over Pauline Quirke’s Cruel Battle With Dementia. At the Variety Club Showbusiness Awards, the beloved actress struggled to hold back tears as she spoke, voice trembling with raw emotion: “I miss her so much… it’s heartbreaking to see her like this.” Pauline, diagnosed with dementia in 2021, has faced a relentless decline that has left even decades of friendship feeling painfully fragile. Lesley recalled moments from their iconic on-screen partnership as Dorien and Sharon, memories now tinged with fear and sorrow. Earlier this year, Linda Robson shared that Pauline still has “up days” and even asked after her “mate Linda,” a fragile spark of recognition in a world growing dim. As Lesley prepares to visit her friend, fans are left gripped by the weight of her words, mourning the cruel reality of a life once full of laughter now shadowed by disease, and wondering how the bonds of love endure when time and memory betray even the strongest hearts.

Sending prayers, strength, and endless love to Pauline, Lesley, and Linda.A wave of sadness has swept through the hearts of Birds of a Feather fans after beloved…

Davina McCall Is ‘Planning an Intimate Winter Wedding in the New Year to Fiancé Michael Douglas’ After Breast Cancer Diagnosis

Davina McCall is reportedly planning an intimate winter wedding in the New Year to fiancé Michael Douglas after her recent breast cancer diagnosis Davina McCall is reportedly…

CONFIRMED: ITV Unveils the New Host of The Chase, Bradley Walsh’s replacement — Fans Are in Shock and the reaction is heartbreaking.K

Fans of The Chase have been sent into a frenzy after a surprise wave of speculation suggested that ITV may already have a successor lined up if beloved host Bradley…

Midnight Scandal in Las Vegas: Did Oscar Piastri Just Expose McLaren’s Secret Favoritism War?

In the high-stakes world of Formula 1, drama is rarely confined to the racetrack. But late Friday night, under the neon glow of the Las Vegas Grand…

Title Hopes Crushed by Millimeters: The Brutal History of F1 Disqualifications Strikes Again in Las Vegas

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, the difference between glory and ruin is often measured in thousandths of a second. But as the dust settles on…