Strictly’s John Whaite claims he’s lost big supermarket collaboration over OnlyFans work

Strictly Come Dancing finalist John Whaite took aim at Waitrose in a post on social media recently, with him saying that his work with the brand had seemingly disappeared

John Whaite in a black top and trousers at an event in 2022.
John Whaite posted about Waitrose on social media recently(Image: Getty Images)

Former TV star John Whaite has hit out at Waitrose in a post on social media. He’s suggested that his work with the supermarket chain appeared to disappear after he posted content on OnlyFans.

John, 35, is best known for his on-screen work, having appeared on shows such as Strictly Come Dancing since he won the Great British Bake Off in 2012. More recently, he joined OnlyFans in 2022 and, following a break from it, it was announced earlier this year that he had rejoined the platform. The baker now posts content on the adult subscription platform again. John has previously said that he’s decided to focus on the venture and his baking business, Ruff Puff Brownies, since leaving the TV industry in recent years.

John Whaite in a dark hoodie in a video message.
John Whaite spoke about Waitrose, after working together previously, in a recent video(Image: Instagram/john_whaite)

In a post on Instagram over the weekend, John suggested that collaborations with Waitrose had been “expunged” due to his work on OnlyFans. He said in a video on Saturday: “A few of you have asked where my recipes have gone from the Waitrose website and I can’t be certain. I don’t quite know.”

John continued: “They are all seemingly gone off the website and off YouTube. It seems like my history’s been expunged. And I don’t know why. But I can hazard a guess.”

He went on to say in the video: “I mean, let’s face it, the Waitrose brand is very heavily centred on missionary vanilla and middle class guilt, isn’t it? Yeah, moral panic is one of their values as well. So I guess … I guess it speaks volumes.”

John said: “If you’re looking for one of my recipes or something that I make go to Ruff Puff Brownies or my … I don’t know where my recipes are these days, probably all been expunged. But if you’re looking for an overpriced quiche or a sandwich that tastes like regret, pop to Waitrose.”

The former Steph’s Packed Lunch star included a lengthy caption alongside the video message last week.

He wrote in the caption: “It seems Waitrose have diverted all my recipe links to similar recipes by other people – my work history with them ostensibly expunged. My catalogue of YouTube videos with them has also disappeared.

“It’s like I never existed. No one at Waitrose informed me or told me why… I can only guess that it’s because I do OnlyFans. So I’m sorry if you wanted to use one of my recipes and now cannot.”

John Whaite shirtless in a pair of blue shorts posing for a mirror selfie in a bathroom.
The baker, who is now an OnlyFans creator, told fans that his recipes had disappeared from Waitrose’s website(Image: john_whaite /Instagram)

John concluded: “Look, I get my OF work doesn’t align with their brand, and I would have accepted that had they treated me with an ounce of human respect, but to wipe out an entire collection of very hard work without any notice or chance to save the recipes first is an insult. #AlwaysPreferedAldiAnyway #BitternessIsInFor2025.”

Approached for comment, a Waitrose spokesperson told the Mirror this evening that it “regularly” reviews recipes on its website. They added that they are “very grateful” for the work John has previously done for the brand.

A Waitrose spokesperson told us: “We regularly review recipes on our site, we are constantly updating and refreshing. We are very grateful for the work John has done for us.”

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…