Rod Stewart, 80, cancels gig hours before he’s due on stage after Glastonbury promise

Rocker Sir Rod Stewart is due to play the legends slot at Glastonbury this month

Sir Rod Stewart has pulled out of his gig tonight hours before he’s due on stage. The 80-year-old rocker was due to play for fans in Las Vegas tonight but has had to cancel due to ill health.

Taking to Instagram, Rod said: “I am sorry to inform you that I’m not feeling well and my show tonight at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace is being rescheduled to June 10. Your tickets will be valid for the new date. Sir Rod.”

Last summer, Sir Rod was forced to cancel a string of tour dates including his milestone 200th Las Vegas residency show as he made a sad health admission. Rod’s team said they ‘regretted to announce’ that Rod would have to bow out as he is still ‘recovering from a summer strain of Covid-19. T he singer was set to bring his The Hits show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace to a close after performing at the venue across the last 13 years. However, Sir Rod withdrew hours before what was meant to be his last show at the venue, saying he was “desperately sorry”.

Sir Rod Stewart's message to fans on Instagram
Sir Rod Stewart’s message to fans on Instagram 
Image:
sirrodstewart/Instagram)
He added: “Most people can work with strep throat but obviously not me. I’m absolutely gutted. I’ve been looking forward to this concert for so long. My deepest regrets for any inconvenience this has caused. Thankfully we’ll now be returning in 2025 and I hope to see you all there,” he vowed.

According to the NHS, a strep infection can mean patients having a sore throat, a rash, nausea and vomiting and muscle aches. It is often not a serious illness and can be treated with antibiotics.

The star’s latest health blow comes after he said he was in the prime of his performing career and couldn’t see himself retiring in a brand new interview. Sir Rod also confirmed he will reunite with his former Faces bandmate Ronnie Wood for his set at Glastonbury Festival.

The 80-year-old musician is filling the coveted tea-time legends slot at the music event, which is being headlined by British pop/rock band The 1975, folk rock star Neil Young and US pop singer Olivia Rodrigo.

Faces, who were known for hits including Stay With Me, formed in 1969 following the split of Small Faces.

Rod Stewart performs onstage during the FIREAID Benefit Concert for California Fire Relief at Intuit Dome on January 30, 2025 in Inglewood, California.
Rod Stewart is playing the Glastonbury legends slot this year 
Image:
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for FIREAID)
Bassist Ronnie Lane, keyboard player Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones were joined by Wood on guitar and Sir Rod on lead vocals.

Asked if he keeps in touch with The Rolling Stones’ members and “other people in music” while on That Peter Crouch Podcast, Sir Rod said: “Not really. Woody (Wood) I do a lot, just recently, because we’re going to do Glastonbury together.

“Elton, sometimes, you know, birthdays, but nowhere near how we used to, I think probably because he doesn’t drink anymore, and Woody doesn’t drink, and I still do. They stay away from me. Bad influence.”

He also told the podcast: “I’ve done it (Glastonbury) before. I did it in 2002 but this is on the legend stage.

“I was only supposed to play for an hour and a quarter, but I’ve asked them ‘Please, another 15 minutes’ because I play for over two hours every night and it’s nothing, but yeah, looking forward to it.”

Faces released four studio albums and toured regularly until 1975, when the band split up and Sir Rod went on to pursue a solo recording career.

Earlier in the week the veteran rockstar was presented with a prestigious lifetime achievement award by five of his children at the American Music Awards (AMAs).

His best known solo songs include Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?, Every Beat Of My Heart, and Maggie May.

In 2024, he promised he would not retire but confirmed his 2025 European and North American shows would bring an end to his “large-scale world tours”, with his next slate to be held at more intimate venues.

His latest album, a collaboration with Jools Holland, was released in February 2024 and went to number one on the UK chart

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…