Prince Harry’s ‘shock over going too far’ with King bombshell as he ‘faces consequences’

It has been more than a week since Prince Harry’s bombshell interview with the BBC and royal expert Jennie Bond believes he may now have a shock realisation over his claims

Prince Harry might realise he went “too far” when discussing his father, the King’s, health in a bombshell interview, according to an expert.

It’s been a week since the Duke of Sussex lost a Court of Appeal challenge over his security arrangements while in the UK and then gave an emotional interview, which would have left royal eyes rolling behind palace doors. In it, he claimed his father the King doesn’t speak to him, said he could not see a world where he would bring his children to visit the UK and declared he felt he had been “stitched up”.

In one part of the chat with the BBC, which is particularly said to have raised eyebrows, is when he touched on the health of his father, who is still being treated for cancer. He said: “Life is precious. I don’t know how much longer my father has, he, he won’t speak to me because of this security stuff, but it would be nice to reconcile.”

Prince Harry in his BBC interview on May 2
Prince Harry sat down with the BBC in a shocking interview and said the King would not talk to him(Image: BBC)

But with emotions still seemingly running high amid Harry’s rift with his royal relatives, former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond believes Harry may now realise the consequences of what he said.

She told the Mirror: “I suspect that Harry said more than he had perhaps intended because he was consumed with anger that the court decision had gone against him. When the court ruling didn’t go his way, he was, in his own words ‘gutted and devastated’. And he was clearly seething with fury. And that is rarely the best time to air your thoughts.

“I think he might now realise that he went too far in talking about his father’s health. That was a clear invasion of the privacy that Harry himself so covets. And he might also realise that he has, in my opinion, now lost the support of the vast majority of the British public.”

Harry has been pursuing a case through the UK courts after his level of security changed in 2020, when he and Meghan stepped down as working royals and moved to California to carve out a new life for themselves.

The Royal Family on the palace balcony today
King Charles with the rest of the Royal Family on the palace balcony during VE Day commemorations(Image: PA)

He failed in his appeal against the dismissal of his High Court claim against the Home Office, over the decision of the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec) that he should receive a different degree of protection when in the UK.

And Jennie says she has a degree of sympathy for him as he’s left reeling following his court defeat. She added: “I do understand Harry‘s feeling that he has been singled out for special treatment. I get that it seems illogical that others, former Prime Ministers, for example, who have left public office, still get police protection.

“But, as the Palace has stated, the decision by the Ravec committee has been tested in court several times, and it has come up with the same conclusion on each occasion.

“Moreover, other members of his family – apart from the King, Queen and William and his family – do not get the level of protection that Harry appears to be demanding. And it’s not as if he has been told there will be no protection. It’s just that it will be assessed case by case.”

In the wake of the controversial interview, VE Day commemorations carried on in earnest for the rest of the Royal Family this week. To mark the 80th anniversary of the end of the Second World War, the royals took part in a series of engagements, including a huge Buckingham Palace balcony appearance and a moving service at Westminster Abbey.

Jennie said: “Despite their disappointment – and anger – over Harry’s interview, the Royal Family did what they do best at the VE Day commemorations. They carried on regardless, with grace and dignity, rising above the furore over the rift.

“We saw a family which, without Harry, is very much in harmony, working together and with the three children beginning to learn the ropes of royal duties. Therein lies the continuity of monarchy, with or without the errant brother.”

Related Posts

Cat Deeley has finally revealed why she decided to divorce her husband Patrick: “You have no idea what I’ve endured over the past 10 years.”

Cat Deeley Finally Opens Up About Her Divorce from Husband Patrick Cat Deeley, the beloved television presenter and model, has recently shared the emotional reasons behind her…

Police say they’ll move “as quickly as possible” after new, troubling details surfaced about the L3168 Gibstown crash that shattered the community 😢👇💔

The five young people who died in a two-vehicle car crash in Ireland have been named by police. The fatal collision happened on the L3168 at Gibstown,…

HEARTBREAKING: Martin & Shirlie Kemp BREAK SILENCE With Emotional Announcement About Daughter Harley Moon.k

Martin and Shirlie Kemp delight fans with adorable birthday tribute to rarely-seen daughter ‘Beauty doesn’t fall far from the tree’ Martin and Shirlie Kemp have issued a…

Joanna Lumley UNDER FIRE “Our Small Nation CANN0T Feed Millions!!” — Fans SH0CKED as National Treasure Faces Backlash Over Migration Remarks!

For half a century, Dame Joanna Lumley has been one of Britain’s most cherished figures — a woman synonymous with elegance, compassion, and the kind of quiet strength that…

GB News host Pɑtrick Christys hɑs detonɑted ɑ politicɑl firestorm ɑfter declɑring it’s now “when, not if” the Prime Minister is finɑlly pushed out ɑs Lɑbour leɑder. His blunt prediction hɑs sent Westminster into meltdown ɑnd triggered ɑ frenzy of speculɑtion ɑbout how close the end reɑlly is. The rumblings ɑre growing louder — ɑnd the pressure is unmistɑkɑble.

GB News airs humiliating 𝘒𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 blow as PM set to be replaced: ‘When, not if’ GB News host Patrick Christys said it is now “when, not if”…

BRITONS TAKE ACTION! New Frɑnce Footɑge Spɑrks Migrɑtion Firestorm ɑcross the Chɑnnel When ministers won’t ɑct, the public steps in — ɑnd the drɑmɑtic new clips ɑre igniting ɑ nɑtionwide debɑte overnight.

British vigilantes slash small migrant boats on French coastline Britons have been filming themselves travelling to beaches in France and ‘destroying’ small boats – gaining thousands of…