BBC flooded with complaints after Gregg Wallace MasterChef decision

Gregg Wallace stepped back from his role on MasterChef following allegations of misconduct

The BBC received several complaints after they confirmed it would air the final of MasterChef: The Professionals, despite growing calls to pull the broadcast following the Gregg Wallace scandal.

The broadcaster decided to air the rest of MasterChef, which concluded on December 12, and the two Christmas editions, while they await the conclusion of the investigation into Wallace by production company Banijay.

He is facing claims from at least 13 women who have accused him of inappropriate behaviour and making jokes of a sexual nature. Wallace has denied the allegations.

The BBC came under mounting pressure to consider pausing the show while Wallace is investigated and the broadcaster has since responsded to the complaints about airing MasterChef: The Professionals while allegations of historical misconduct are being investigated.

In a statement released on December 18, a BBC spokesperson said: “MasterChef: The Professionals continued as planned, as this show is life-changing for the chefs.

Gregg Wallace
BBC flooded with complaints after airing MasterChef: The Professionals (Image: ITV)

“We take any issues that are raised with us seriously and we have robust processes in place to deal with them. We are always clear that any behaviour which falls below the standards expected by the BBC will not be tolerated.”

Earlier this month, it was believed that two festive specials of MasterChef would air on the BBC.

However, in a change of position, bosses revealed that the Christmas specials will now no longer be aired.

It comes after Wallace apologised for suggesting allegations against him came from “a handful of middle-class women of a certain age”.

Smiley Charity Film Awards 2024

The TV host had said there had been “13 complaints” from “over 4,000 contestants” he had worked with in 20 years on the BBC cookery show.

His comments caused a backlash, with a Downing Street spokesperson describing them as “inappropriate and misogynistic”.

In another video Wallace said: “I want to apologise for any offence that I caused with my post yesterday, and any upset I may have caused to a lot of people.

“I wasn’t in a good head space when I posted it. I’ve been under a huge amount of stress, a lot of emotion, I felt very alone, under siege, yesterday, when I posted it.”

He concluded: “It’s obvious to me I need to take some time out while this investigation is under way. I hope you understand and I do hope that you will accept this apology.”

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…