Victoria Beckham ‘feeling hurt’ as son Cruz ‘hell-bent’ on ditching famous name

Cruz Beckham is reportedly set to release a rock album without his famous surname in a bid to show he has earned a career “in his own right”.

US-ENTERTAINMENT-FILM-LOLA

Victoria Beckham is said to be ‘feeling hurt’ (Image: Getty)

Victoria Beckham is “feeling hurt” as son Cruz is “hell-bent” on dropping his famous surname in his music career.

An insider claims Cruz, 19, wants to carve a career in the spotlight away from his mum and dad, fearing people will see him as part of brand Beckham. Cruz is already reportedly set to make an album after signing a management deal on the back of his social media presence.

Cruz is said to “loathe” the idea that he has “bagged a record deal” because of David and Victoria. His mother is also said to be fearful that he will join older brother Brooklyn and relocate to the USA in a bid to break out stateside.

According to Closer, former England star David, 49, has reassured Victoria that their son won’t “go off the rails” should he attempt to conquer the US chart.

Celebrity Sightings In Paris - March 1st, 2024

David Beckham with Cruz (Image: Getty)

The insider said: “Victoria is really concerned about Cruz’s next move because he seems hell-bent on detaching himself from the family in an effort to be a success in his own right. Of course, she understands and is incredibly proud of him for wanting to do it all on his own and not ride on his parents’ fame.

“But she feels he is taking it too far – particularly talk about dropping the ‘Beckham’ from his name and just going by ‘Cruz’. He’s also said to be feeling hesitant about her or David being at his album launch and not wanting them to be involved.

“Victoria is feeling hurt and dismayed about Cruz growing more and more distant from their family unit and rebelling against them – though she does get how important it is for him to attempt to prove himself.”

While details of Cruz’s upcoming album are being kept under wraps, it is understood his parents “spent a fortune” getting it produced. Although Cruz is said to be attempting to enter the world of rock, his mum is no stranger to the charts.

Street Style - Paris Fashion Week - Menswear Spring/Summer 2025 - Day Four

Brooklyn Beckham’s attempts at a career have been mocked online. (Image: Getty)

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy

Victoria, 50, had nine UK number one singles with the Spice Girls. Two of their albums – Spice and Spiceworld – topped the album charts.

The Beckhams are said to appreciate how difficult carving their own career has been. Oldest son Brooklyn has previously been mocked online for his attempts to break into the world of photography and cooking.

Last month it was reported by the Mail on Sunday that Cruz split from his music management firm partly over his parents’ insistence he use his famous surname. He left Tap to sign with another firm, C3.

Romeo Beckham meanwhile is following in his father’s footsteps, currently signed to Brentford’s B team. He has previously played for Inter Miami, which is part-owned by his father.

Express.co.uk has approached Victoria’s representatives for comment.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…