David Beckham spent a fortune flattening a tennis court into a football field after Romeo said he was tired of tennis (video)

David Beckham quickly converted his son Romeo’s tennis court into a fully operational football pitch after his kid decided to leave tennis behind and switch back to playing football

David Beckham had his son Romeo’s £30,000 tennis court bulldozed to convert it into a five-a-side football pitch.

The top-of-the-line tennis court was initially created for his now 21-year-old son in 2018.

The project began when his mother, Victoria, hoped that Romeo would follow in the footsteps of tennis star Andy Murray.

During his tennis journey, Romeo enjoyed the privilege of training alongside renowned players like Murray, Grigor Dimitrov, and Caroline Wozniacki, who was ranked No. 2 in the world at the time.

David Beckham disclosed in 2018 that his sons, Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz, had spent some time at Arsenal’s academy.

However, they eventually decided to pursue different career paths, which left David feeling disheartened as he had hoped that at least one of his children would carry on his sporting legacy. His youngest child and only daughter, Harper, has shown a strong interest in the sport, thus keeping the Beckham family tradition alive.

David Beckham expressed his devastation upon discovering that Romeo had quit playing football. Romeo took a pause from the sport for five years after being released from Arsenal’s academy in 2015.

“The other day Romeo turned round to me and said he did not want to play football anymore,” the former Real Madrid star said. “Part of me was devastated, but part of me was relieved, too. He has got other passions, and I like that.”

In 2020, Romeo resumed playing football, so the tennis court was bulldozed and transformed into a five-a-side pitch. He later joined Inter Miami and gained recognition from fans after scoring a free-kick for the second team against Orlando City.

Romero Beckham started training with England’s Brentford B team in October 2022 and officially joined the squad on a six-month loan in January 2023. Four days after his arrival, he debuted as a second-half substitute in a London Senior Cup match against Erith & Belvedere at Park View Road.

Beckham scored his first goal on Feb. 14, during a Middlesex Senior Cup game against Wealdstone, securing a match-winning goal in the 93rd minute of a 3-2 victory. In May 2023, Beckham was part of the Brentford B squad that won the 2022-23 Premier League Cup, although he remained an unused substitute in the Cup final.

Throughout the 2022-23 season, he made 15 appearances for Brentford B. At the end of his loan term, Beckham signed a permanent one-year contract with Brentford B.

Romeo recently attracted media attention when his model girlfriend, Mia Regan, posted a social media photo of them cuddling in bed. Reportedly, they had separated in the summer of 2022 after three years of dating but reconciled later that year.

Mia has a strong and positive relationship with Victoria Beckham and has previously collaborated with her self-named clothing line. Victoria enthusiastically announced the collaborative launch on her personal Instagram account, supporting Mia and his son’s relationship.

Related Posts

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping thɑt the ɗeɑɗline will bring the relief they deserve.  WATCH NOW  SS

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping…

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as she broke down while begging for urgent change to SMA Type 1 testing. Her voice cracked. Her hands trembled. And then the room fell silent as Jesy sobbed: “I look at my children and think… why wasn’t this caught sooner?” Witnesses say even hardened officials struggled to keep composure as she spoke of fear-filled nights, unanswered questions, and the unbearable weight of watching parents learn devastating news too late. Wes Streeting was seen blinking back tears as Jesy pleaded: “Early testing saves lives. It saves families. No parent should ever, ever have to go through this pain.” The moment cut far deeper than politics — raw, unfiltered grief colliding with power, in a confrontation Britain wasn’t ready for. Support flooded in within minutes, with parents calling her words “heart-shattering” and campaigners saying this could be the speech that finally forces change. One thing is clear: this wasn’t a celebrity appearance. It was a mother’s cry — and it left scars on everyone who heard it. SS

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as…

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private life. SS

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private…

Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’  SS

Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’ Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’ TOWIE…

““EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP HOPING THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE…” Nicki Chapman’s heartbreaking confession has left fans in tears as she reveals the terrifying return of her brain tumor. “The pain is relentless, the nights are endless, and some days I don’t know how I keep going,” she admitted, voice breaking as she described the constant hospital visits and crippling headaches. “But I have to keep fighting — for my family, for every moment I still have.” Social media erupted with emotional support: “Nicki, your courage moves us all,” and “We’re holding you in our hearts, always.” Her raw, tearful story exposes the fragility of life while showcasing an unshakable determination to survive, inspiring thousands in the face of overwhelming odds. SS

““EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP HOPING THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE…” Nicki Chapman’s heartbreaking confession has left fans in tears as she reveals the terrifying return of…

“I’VE BEEN WORKING SINCE I WAS 15… I’VE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY. PLEASE LET ME BE A KID ONE LAST TIME.” Stephen — the quiet strategist who just made history on The Traitors — has left thousands in tears after confirming he has officially quit his job the moment filming ended. Not out of arrogance. Not laziness. But exhaustion. “I worked two jobs throughout university. I never allowed myself a single day to stop,” Stephen Libby admitted, his voice breaking. “This is the only chance I’ve ever had to breathe.” After a decade of grinding simply to survive, Stephen says winning The Traitors didn’t just give him prize money — it gave him time, something he’s never had before. For the “wee boy” from the Isle of Lewis, this victory isn’t about fame or fortune. It’s about rest. Healing. And finally allowing himself to be young — just once.  DD

“I’VE BEEN WORKING SINCE I WAS 15… I’VE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY. PLEASE LET ME BE A KID ONE LAST TIME.” Stephen — the quiet strategist who…