Brendan Cole delivers scathing verdict on Nick Knowles’ Strictly performance so far

Brendan Cole has shared his thoughts on Nick Knowles’ Strictly performances.

Last week, Nick, 62, was unable to perform due to a “quite painful” knee injury after falling during rehearsals. But despite the sore setback, iconic Strictly pro Brendan – who left the show back in 2018 – insists Nick needs to up his game.

Nick looked glum over the weekend when he was forced to watch the dancefloor antics play out from the sidelines. Taking to X, formerly Twitter, to share a photo of himself sitting on a sofa watching the show, Nick said: “Gutted not to be out there with everyone tonight on the @bbcstrictly dance floor, but still suited up and cheering them on from the sofa.”

But despite his previous efforts on the dancefloor, Brendan, 48, reckons Nick needs to up his game. When asked by Sky Vegas who he thinks deserves to leave Strictly next, Brendan said: “Nick Knowles hasn’t been particularly brilliant so far, but maybe with a week off he might come back and surprise everybody.”

Last week wasn’t the first time Nick had experienced an injury since starting his Strictly journey just weeks ago.

Nick and Luba
Last week, Nick, 62, was unable to perform due to a “quite painful” knee injury 
Image:
PA)
On September 23, two days after the series’ first live show, Knowles said in a video that he had been injured while changing a tyre. He later told BBC2’s It Takes Two, while wearing a sling, that he had suffered the “painful” injury on the way to a family party on September 22 to celebrate his birthday. However, he received medical clearance to perform on that week’s show.

Then, confirming his second injury and the news it was severe enough to temporarily stop him from performing, Nick shared days later: “During our first dress rehearsal today, or run-through of the dance number on the stage, unfortunately I damaged my knee and it’s quite painful. So the physios have decided I need to go for a MRI.”

His professional partner Luba Mushtuk added: “Unfortunately we will not be dancing tomorrow but we really, really hope that the knee will be better for the next week and we’ll be back on the dancefloor. Fingers crossed, we really hope that we’ll be back and see you guys very soon.” Knowles said that “even if we have to glitter up the crutches, I am determined to get back and try and dance for you next week.” The pair are expected to be back on the dancefloor on Saturday.

Related Posts

Man Saves Tigress on a Cliff — What Happens Next Will Shock You!

Daniel thought he was alone on that foggy cliff at sunrise until he heard the low trembling roar. When he looked down, a massive tigress, bleeding and…

Girl Paid $5 For Injured German Shepherd… But What The Dog Did Next Left Her In Tears!

She bought a wounded German Shepherd for just $5. Everyone called it a mistake. But days later, the dog did something that made her collapse in tears….

‘It’s an absolute nightmare…’: Strictly star is ARRESTED on suspicion of rɑρing a woman after a BBC event — insiders say the scandal has left bosses ‘heartbroken’ as the hit show faces yet another crisis… a major police investigation engulfs the show

Strictly Come Dancing star arrested on suspicion of rape A Strictly Come Dancing star has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of rape. A man, who cannot be named for…

Unexpected High Notes Make Sydnie Christmas a Showstopper at the London Palladium, Leaving Fans Breathless

Britain’s Got Talent winner Sydnie Christmas delivered a show-stopping performance at Magic Radio’s West End Christmas at the London Palladium on Saturday, November 15, 2025. Fans and…

Prince William Is Moved to Tears by Princess Charlotte and Andrea Bocelli’s Duet, “This Is for You, Daddy.” When 10-Year-Old Princess Charlotte Entered Windsor Castle’s Illuminated Garden on Prince William’s 43rd Birthday, What Started Out as a Straightforward Birthday Celebration Became an Iconic Royal Moment. Dressed in a Pale Blue Gown, She Whispered Four Words — “For You, Daddy” — Before Joining Andrea Bocelli in a Breathtaking Duet of “The Prayer.”

“For You, Daddy” — Princess Charlotte and Andrea Bocelli’s Candlelit Duet Leaves Prince William in Tears   It was meant to be a simple birthday tribute. But…

Emmerdale’s early ITVX drop finally delivers the moment fans begged for: Kim Tate stepping straight into Celia’s empire with a threat she won’t forget. The queen of Home Farm is DONE playing nice

Emmerdale’s early-released episode for Friday November 21 has given fans the showdown they’ve been waiting for – as Celia Daniels comes face to face with Kim Tate….