Gino D’Acampo’s ITV show Family Fortunes has been replaced following alleged bullying and sexually inappropriate comments, which the TV presenter has strongly denied
TV chef Gino D’Acampo’s ITV gameshow has been replaced following allegations made against the presenter.
The TV chef, 48, is facing allegations from dozens of people who have worked with him over a 12-year period. Complaints of alleged bullying and sexually inappropriate comments have been made – that he denies. The This Morning regular and I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! winner came under the spotlight last month.
ITV News reported that dozens of former staff and freelancers made allegations about working with Gino, calling his behaviour over a reported 12 year period “unacceptable,” “distressing,” and “horrendous”. Since the allegations, D’Acampo’s shows have been pulled from ITV’s schedule.
Now, his show Family Fortunes has been shelved by ITV. A new series of Stephen Mulhern’s Celebrity Catchphrase will move from its traditional Saturday slot to Sunday nights. The slot is where Family Fortunes once took over airways. ITV commissioner Gemma John-Lewis said: “We’re delighted to announce a further series of the much loved family favourite, Celebrity Catchphrase.”
Family Fortunes has been shelved by ITV (
Image:
ITV)
“The only show where you say what you see, the hugely popular series continues to win legions of fans and with Stephen’s infectious and playful humour it’s a firm favourite with our viewers,” she told TV Zone. Gary Chippington, Executive Producer and Creative Director of STV Studios Entertainment, added: “It’s testament to Catchphrase’s fantastic format and universal appeal that it’s still one of the UK’s most-loved entertainment shows, four decades after ITV first commissioned it…
“The incomparable Stephen Mulhern is a huge part of the show’s success, and we’re looking forward to getting back in the studio with him and a great line-up of stars later this year for what promises to be another brilliant series of Celebrity Catchphrase.” It was previously reported D’Acampo’s pre-recorded Family Fortunes episodes would not air amid the investigation into Gino’s alleged behaviour.
The episodes are said to have been filmed in 2023 and were due to air this spring. D’Acampo has hosted the game show since 2020. He has firmly denied the allegations, adding that they were “deeply upsetting”. In the investigation, one woman claimed D’Acampo told her he would “like to turn me over and f*** me up the a*** against the kitchen counter” while working on a photoshoot.
Another alleged that when she went to brief him about a location shoot, he opened the door in his boxer shorts and made jokes about his privates, leaving her feeling uncomfortable. While a separate claim accused D’Acampo of threatening a junior member of staff on Gino’s Italian Express. “I was present when Gino said to the runner, ‘If you don’t get me a Cornetto, I will f*** your girlfriend’,” one female crew member said
Responding to the claims in their entirety in a statement to ITV News, Gino said: “I have been told by ITN news that allegations have been made about me acting inappropriately, some dating back over ten years ago. I have never been made aware of these matters previously and the allegations are firmly denied. I would not do anything that I thought would upset or distress anyone. This is simply not in my nature. I do not recognise the version of events being put to me.
“Not only have these allegations never been raised with me before, I have been repeatedly supported by executives at the highest level and was commissioned on prime-time programmes during the period in which it is now suggested I was acting inappropriately. I am a father, husband and have worked with well over 1,500 people on around 80 productions in my career, which I have been so proud of. I take such matters extremely seriously and the suggestion that I have acted in an improper way against is deeply upsetting.”