Meghan Markle’s Moment She ‘Lost Her Spark’ Goes Viral

Meghan Markle’s Moment She ‘Lost Her Spark’ Goes Viral

Meghan Markle’s attendance at a Remembrance Sunday event has been fingered as showing the moment the duchess “lost her spark,” during a time when private royal conflict burst into the public domain.

The Duchess of Sussex had recently returned from a successful tour of Australia and the South Pacific in 2018 when a royal biography, Charles at 70, first painted her as a demanding character, suggesting Prince Harry had told palace staff: “What Meghan wants, Meghan gets.”

And stories in the press suggested Queen Elizabeth II had warned Harry over Meghan’s behavior in relation to her tiara prior to her wedding that May.Meghan Markle Meghan Markle is seen during her first of two Remembrance Sunday services at The Cenotaph, in London, England, on November 11, 2018. Fans on TikTok described the visit as the moment she ‘lost her spark.’ Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
It was the start of an era which Meghan would later say was the turning point at which her royal experience soured and within days of the stories emerging she attended Britain’s national service of remembrance at The Cenotaph, in London, on November 11, 2018.

 

A clip of her watching the moving event went viral on TikTok after the U.K.-based working royals, including Princess Kate, turned out at this year’s Remembrance Sunday service on November 10.

The footage was liked 8,000 times and viewed 180,000 times after it was posted with the message: “Once Upon A Time when Remembrance Service was something to look forward to.🖤

 

“And this when i knew my Princess Meghan lost her spark i could see it in her eyes.

“But Thank God she made it out now she and her beautiful family is blossoming.”

One reply read, “Bless her. she looks so frightened,” while another said: “Meghan was not in the room with us. You can see the sadness 🥺 thank God she has the light back in her eyes.”

A third person wrote: “One day the Royal family will beg them 2 come back, ❤❤this two.”

Meghan, Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Kate all watched the service from a balcony, though Meghan was positioned on a separate balcony with Elke Budenbender, the first lady of Germany.

The stories in the British press were the public expression of a royal rift that had already taken shape behind closed doors.

That October, Jason Knauf, communications secretary at Kensington Palace, had privately emailed a superior to accuse the duchess of bullying two PAs out of the royal household.

And as early as June 2018 the Sussexes sat down with Prince William and Princess Kate to try to work out problems between the two couples.

Harry wrote in Spare that Kate said Meghan “hurt my feelings” with a comment suggesting she had baby brain shortly after Prince Louis was born.

“It’s rude, Meghan. It’s not what’s done here in Britain,” William replied. Meghan then said: “Kindly take your finger out of my face.”

“Was this really happening?” Harry wrote. “Had it actually come to this? Shouting at each other about place cards and hormones?

“Meg said she’d never intentionally do anything to hurt Kate, and if she ever
did, she asked Kate to please just let her know so it wouldn’t happen again.”

Jack Royston is Newsweek‘s chief royal correspondent based in London. You can find him on X (formerly Twitter) at @jack_royston and read his stories on Newsweek‘s The Royals Facebook page.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…