King delivers major blow to late Queen Elizabeth’s favourite chocolate

Cadbury has lost its Royal warrant after 170 years as the healthy eating fan King scrapped it.

Queen Victoria had awarded the British favourite the mark and it was a favourite of the late Queen who had a sweet tooth. However it is set to lose its warrant – granted as a mark of recognition to firms who regularly supplied goods or services to the Royal Household as the King has opted not to renew it.

The sale of Cadbury products to the Royal household is said to have diminished in recent years as the monarch prefers eating the likes of fruit and seeds over chocolate. More than 100 warrants were not awarded, the Mail on Sunday reported.

Cadbury's chocolate bars
Cadbury’s said it was “disappointed” by the decision 
Image:
Newscast/Universal Images Group via Getty Images))
A Cadbury spokesman said: “Ours is a much-loved brand which has been a part of British life for generations and remains the nation’s favourite chocolate. While we are disappointed to be one of hundreds of other businesses and brands in the UK not to have a new warrant awarded, we are proud to have previously held one and we fully respect the decision.”

Unsuccessful firms were informed of the monarch’s decision by letter. Firms awarded the warrant include Moet, Bacardi, Green & Bloom and John Lewis.

The Royal Warrant Holders Association said in a statement: “In December 2024 HM The King and HM The Queen granted their second set of Royal Warrants of Appointment of the new reign. The grants were made to 386 companies drawn from those previously holding a single Royal Warrant of Appointment to Queen Elizabeth II, together with seven companies that have an established and ongoing trading relationship with HM Queen Camilla.

“These grants follow 152 Royal Warrants granted by Their Majesties in May, to companies drawn from those previously holding a Royal Warrant of Appointment to His Majesty as Prince of Wales, who began granting Warrants in 1980.”

Royal warrants date back to medieval times when the ruling monarch had the pick of the pick of the country’s best tradespeople. By the 15th century, the Lord Chamberlain appointed tradespeople with a Royal Warrant of Appointment, which continues today. The Royal Warrant Holders Association was formed in 1840.

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…