Kate Middleton confirms she is returning to royal duties with a ‘special film’

Kate Middleton confirms she is returning to royal duties with a ‘special film’

It is hoped that Princess Kate will be well enough to attend the finals at Wimbledon this weekend, but there is a back-up plan in place.

Whereas, Princess Kate’s possible replacement to present the winner’s trophies at Wimbledon has been revealed, and it’s someone many royal fans might not recognise.

As patron of the All England Club the Princess of Wales has presented trophies to the tennis champions since 2016, but her ongoing cancer treatment has raised questions over whether she will feel well enough to do so this weekend.

Kate has only made one public appearance so far this year, at Trooping the Colour last month, but if she is unavailable the Duchess of Gloucester is being lined up to present the awards, according to The Telegraph.Princess Kate holding trophy

All England Club Chair Debbie Jevans told the publication that officials at Wimbledon would remain “flexible” on arrangements, with a final decision on presenting duties not expected to be made until the morning of the women’s final on Saturday.

Kensington Palace has not confirmed any engagements for the Princess in the foreseeable future as she continues to receive preventative chemotherapy.

Duchess of Gloucester at Royal Ascot 2024

The Duchess of Gloucester may present the trophies at Wimbledon (Image: Getty)

A fortnight ago Ms Jevans said she was “hopeful” that the Princess would be at Wimbledon, however it has been reported that during informal discussions the Duchess had emerged as a replacement candidate.

The Duchess of Gloucester was born in Denmark and was known as Birgitte van Deurs Henriksen before she married Prince Richard, the Duke of Gloucester in 1972.

She is equally as big a tenns fan as Kate and has been an Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association for 25 years, having already been spotted at the tournament as a guest of the All England Club last week.

Princess Kate at Wimbledon

It is hoped Kate will be well enough to attend Wimbledon (Image: Getty)

Prince William will be unavailable to present the trophies as he is likely to be in Germany for the final of Euro 2024, with England set to play the Netherlands in the semi-final on Wednesday.

As President of the FA William has been cheering his beloved England on for many matches as the royal summer of sport reaches its climax this weekend.

It is hugely important for Wimbledon to have royal support, with the potential optics of the Princess handing a trophy over to a Russian player said to be part of the reason tennis players from Russia were banned following the invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

Ms Jevans previously said: “We’re hopeful that the Princess of Wales will be able to present the trophies as the Club’s patron, but her health and recovery is the priority.

“We don’t know what we don’t know. All we’ve said is that we’ll work with her and give her as much flexibility as possible.

“I don’t know who would present the trophies as an alternative – that’s something to consider nearer the time if necessary. We’re staying flexible. When we hear we’ll then think about what’s the right thing to do.”

Even if Kate cannot attend her parents Carole and Michael Middleton were spotted enjoying the matches on Centre Court last week.

Earlier, Kate Middleton rejoined Prince William in public engagements for the first time since revealing her cancer diagnosis earlier this year.

In a joint post with Prince William, the Princess of Wales, 41, highlighted mental health issues affecting young farmers. The royal couple shared their project on X (formerly Twitter) through the Kensington Royal account, stating: “This #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek we’ve brought together the inspirational Sam Stables from We Are Farming Minds and the brilliant Farmer Will for a very special film.” They noted the importance of discussing mental health within the farming community and highlighted the Duchy of Cornwall’s Mental Health Strategy.

Although Princess Catherine does not appear in the video, her involvement in its production alongside Prince William is evident. The project began before her illness, showcasing her longstanding commitment to mental health advocacy. The public last heard from the Princess in a moving video where she requested privacy as she began preventative chemotherapy. This announcement in March followed speculation regarding her absence after planned abdominal surgery in January. Initially not thought to be cancerous, a subsequent diagnosis confirmed the presence of the disease.

Picture background

Kate has spoken about the delicate process of discussing her health with her children, George, Charlotte, and Louis.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…