Blow for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as staff member announces major change

Ashley Hansen, the Sussexes’ PR chief for more than two years, is leaving her position to set up her own public relations firm.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s global press secretary has announced that she will be stepping down from her role.

Ashley Hansen, the couple’s PR chief for more than two years, is leaving her position to set up her own public relations firm.

According to a statement, the Sussexes will become Hansen’s first clients at her LA-based consulting firm, Three Gate Strategies.
Hansen will continue to represent and advise Harry and Meghan, whilst providing oversight to their international communications team.
The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Attend The Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 - One Year to Go

Commenting on the change, Meghan said in a statement: “We are so proud of Ashley, especially as a female entrepreneur.

“We look forward to having her focused expertise on our business and creative projects and her continued oversight of our communications team.

“My husband and I are excited to be alongside Ashley as she builds something extraordinarily special with her firm.”

Hansen said: “I am incredibly grateful to The Duke and Duchess for their continued trust in me. Their unwavering support and belief in my new firm has been meaningful and is a testament to their leadership.

“I knew when they first hired me that they were giving me the opportunity of a lifetime and I couldn’t be happier to continue working together.”

Despite the gushing words from both sides, Hansen is the 19th person to have quit working for the Sussexes, following Josh Kettler who quit as their chief of staff in August after just three months.

Hansen’s firm Three Gates Strategies will specialise in communications and brand management for distinguished individuals and organisations.

Her client roster will include high-profile individuals across entertainment, tech, and finance.

Hansen recently jumped to the Duchess’ defence following an article in the Hollywood Reporter last month that called Meghan ‘Duchess Difficult’ and accused her of reducing grown men to tears.

Hansen said the Sussexes treated her with “the kind of concern and care a parent would express if it were their own child” when she took time off for surgery, adding that the couple also sent flowers and gifts.

“Meghan would personally reach out to my husband daily to make sure that we both were OK and had support. It meant so much to him and even more to me. You don’t realise how much that kind of kindness and thought means until you need it,” she said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Colombia Visit - Day 3

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s recent tour of Colombia was deemed a success (Image: Getty)

The news comes as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to mark World Mental Health Day next week in a rather different fashion to previous years.

Last year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex held their Archewell Foundation’s first in-person event in New York, providing a platform for parents navigating mental health challenges in today’s digital age.

However, this year’s global milestone, which takes place on October 10, will highlight “mental health in the workplace” which will inevitably shine a light on recent stories surrounding the Duchess that described her as a “demon” boss.

“Let’s just say the timing of the ‘demon’ boss article about Meghan hasn’t come at a very good time,” said the source. “World Mental Health Day this year is to help shine a light on mental health in the workplace so it’s a very tricky one for the Sussexes to navigate.

“It’s a scenario where they will be damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

“They obviously advocate for mental health awareness so the day will be marked in some way but not like it has been in previous years with a big event.”

Related Posts

‘It’s an absolute nightmare…’: Strictly star is ARRESTED on suspicion of rɑρing a woman after a BBC event — insiders say the scandal has left bosses ‘heartbroken’ as the hit show faces yet another crisis… a major police investigation engulfs the show

Strictly Come Dancing star arrested on suspicion of rape A Strictly Come Dancing star has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of rape. A man, who cannot be named for…

Unexpected High Notes Make Sydnie Christmas a Showstopper at the London Palladium, Leaving Fans Breathless

Britain’s Got Talent winner Sydnie Christmas delivered a show-stopping performance at Magic Radio’s West End Christmas at the London Palladium on Saturday, November 15, 2025. Fans and…

Prince William Is Moved to Tears by Princess Charlotte and Andrea Bocelli’s Duet, “This Is for You, Daddy.” When 10-Year-Old Princess Charlotte Entered Windsor Castle’s Illuminated Garden on Prince William’s 43rd Birthday, What Started Out as a Straightforward Birthday Celebration Became an Iconic Royal Moment. Dressed in a Pale Blue Gown, She Whispered Four Words — “For You, Daddy” — Before Joining Andrea Bocelli in a Breathtaking Duet of “The Prayer.”

“For You, Daddy” — Princess Charlotte and Andrea Bocelli’s Candlelit Duet Leaves Prince William in Tears   It was meant to be a simple birthday tribute. But…

Emmerdale’s early ITVX drop finally delivers the moment fans begged for: Kim Tate stepping straight into Celia’s empire with a threat she won’t forget. The queen of Home Farm is DONE playing nice

Emmerdale’s early-released episode for Friday November 21 has given fans the showdown they’ve been waiting for – as Celia Daniels comes face to face with Kim Tate….

Heartbreaking Admission Revealed: Jane McDonald on the Health Crisis That Broke Her — and the Painful Reason She Will Never Have Children

Years later, after rebuilding her life piece by piece, fate brought Jane back to someone from her past: Eddie Rothe, her teenage boyfriend and the drummer for…

Jason Bateman and Jude Law’s Explosive “Bad Bromance” in Netflix’s Black Rabbit

“I DON’T TRUST YOU—BUT I CAN’T LET YOU GO.” That chilling line sets the tone for Black Rabbit, Netflix’s brand-new crime thriller that has already been branded one…