Victoria Beckham is sitting pretty in her first cover-shoot for the Financial Times as designer’s struggling fashion empire FINALLY records a profit: ‘I’m so proud of where we are today’

Victoria added to her long list of cover-shoots on Wednesday by featuring in a new fashion spread for the Financial Times HTSI magazine.

The former Spice Girl was chosen as cover star for the weekly lifestyle supplement while discussing the future of her VB fashion and beauty empire, which registered a profit last year after a series of financial shortfalls.

Dressed in an oversized sweater and polished brogue shoes, Victoria, 49, sits cross-legged as she gazes off-camera in a shot taken by photographer Nathaniel Goldberg.

Referencing her brand’s resurgence in an accompanying caption, she wrote: ‘Such a pleasure speaking on all things Victoria Beckham fashion and beauty! I’m so proud of where we are today… On newsstands and online this Saturday!’

In October the designer told Vogue France her self-titled brand has finally made a profit, some 15-years after launching her own fashion label.

Victoria added to her long list of cover-shoots on Wednesday by featuring in a new fashion spread for the Financial Times HTSI magazine

Victoria added to her long list of cover-shoots on Wednesday by featuring in a new fashion spread for the Financial Times HTSI magazine

TRENDING

Lauren Goodger showcases her jaw-dropping curves in sheer green outfit

8.7k viewing now

Dancing On Ice’s Greg Rutherford admits he is ‘very sore’ after injury

8.3k viewing now

Cat Deeley makes MAJOR change from Holly Willoughby on This Morning

5.2k viewing now

‘This is just the beginning. I have lots of ambitions, and I work hard to achieve my goals. I never wait for things to just fall into my lap,’ she said.

‘It’s such an exciting time. This year, we made a profit! This takes time, especially for an independent brand. My perfume isn’t a license – I own it.

‘Now that I have laid down the groundwork for the house, the real work can begin.’

In an interview with industry bible Women’s Wear Daily (WWD) in March to celebrate the news, her brand’s investor, David Belhassen, shone a rare spotlight on the inner workings of Victoria’s empire.

He said revenues were up by a huge 42 per cent to £58 million — and predicted that when the business filed accounts for the 2022 financial year in December, the former Spice Girl would make her many critics eat their words.

In January 2023, accounts for Victoria Beckham Holdings Ltd revealed losses of £5,887,036 in 2021, down from £8,581,944 in 2020.

The figure meant overall losses for the firm stood at £66.3m since its launch in 2008 and directors of the firm – including Victoria and her husband David – were not paid a dividend.

The luxury fashion business has expanded to Europe and the Middle East, with the annual accounts saying the brand was also expanding into new products, with the launch of leather goods and the VB Body range.

In October the designer told Vogue France her self-titled brand has finally made a profit, some 15-years after launching her own fashion label

In October the designer told Vogue France her self-titled brand has finally made a profit, some 15-years after launching her own fashion label

'This is just the beginning. I have lots of ambitions, and I work hard to achieve my goals. I never wait for things to just fall into my lap,' said Victoria (pictured at Paris Fashion Week in 2023)

‘This is just the beginning. I have lots of ambitions, and I work hard to achieve my goals. I never wait for things to just fall into my lap,’ said Victoria (pictured at Paris Fashion Week in 2023)

Despite big losses, the Beckham’s global empire has reportedly doubled its profits.

Annual accounts filed with Companies House in London showed the pair made £11.6m in the year ending December 2020 despite the pandemic – compared to £4.5m in 2019.

In accounts submitted in 2021, auditors warned of ‘significant doubt’ about Victoria’s fashion company’s ability to continue operating when it was reported the company had racked up debts of more than £46million since it launched.

Friends of the star said at the time Victoria was determined to continue with her company even though her detractors have dismissed it as a vanity project.

One said: ‘This is what gives Victoria her identity, she loves it and despite its obvious obstacles, she is a grafter and hugely passionate about it.’

Victoria Beckham debuts soft pink gown previously worn by Kim K

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00

Previous

Play

Skip

Mute

Current Time0:00

/

Duration Time1:06

Fullscreen

Need Text

The fashion label, which has a flagship store in Mayfair (pictured), filed a loss of £12.2million in 2018, £4.6million in 2017 and a £8.4million loss in 2016

The fashion label, which has a flagship store in Mayfair (pictured), filed a loss of £12.2million in 2018, £4.6million in 2017 and a £8.4million loss in 2016

In February 2021, it emerged that Posh’s beauty range she set up in 2019 had suffered a loss of £4.7 million.

A spokeswoman for Victoria said: ‘Whilst 2019 was a challenging year, the business halved its losses – a significant step in the road to profitability. The launch of the hugely successful beauty line in the same year helped drive overall revenues up 7% on 2018 and both businesses are focussed on profitable growth.

‘The showcase of the recent AW21 fashion collection has been well-received by fashion critics and the beauty business has seen multiple sell-out products in recent months.’

The fashion label, which has a flagship store in Mayfair, London and sells items such as coats for up to £2,900 each, filed a loss of £12.2million in 2018, £4.6million in 2017 and a £8.4million loss in 2016.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…