Tyson Fury and family land in Saudi Arabia ahead of Oleksandr Usyk clash in two weeks, dispelling fears that the Gypsy King was going to withdraw from the undisputed title fight

Tyson Fury and his family have arrived in Saudi Arabia ahead of the massive undisputed title fight against Oleksandr Usyk on May 18.

The Gypsy King meets the Ukrainian in Riyadh as they bid to become the undisputed world heavyweight champion of the world – after their initial February fight was postponed.

Usyk‘s promoter Alexander Krassyuk had previously revealed fears that Fury will withdraw from the fight – but those concerns appear to have been dispelled by the 35-year-old’s arrival in Saudi Arabia.

Fury posted on Instagram with the caption: ‘Touchdown Riyadh #UNDISPUTED.

‘All roads lead to the #RINGOFFIRE.

Tyson Fury and his family were met with a warm welcome as they arrived in Saudi Arabia

They are in the final fortnight ahead of the unified heavyweight clash against Oleksandr Usyk

Fury’s initial February date for the Usyk fight was postponed following a training injury

Fears that The Gypsy King would flake on the May date too appear to have been unfounded

The winner of the May 18 fight will be the first unified heavyweight champion since 1999

‘T E A M . F U R Y.’
Video Player

00:00

00:21

There was also a short video clip tagged: ‘KING OF THE RING RETURNS TO THE KINGDOM!’

Fury arrived with his family, friends, and trainer SugarHill Steward, but there was no sign of his brother Tommy.

After a seven-hour flight from the UK, The Gypsy King and his entourage were welcomed with bouquets of flowers and hot drinks.

The initial clash with Usyk had been scheduled to take place in Riyadh on February 17, but was postponed after Fury sustained an injury during camp.

He suffered a severe cut above his right eye while sparring, which has been labelled by his promotion team as a ‘freak cut’.

Fighters have promised to forfeit $10m (£8m) if they pulled out of the fight.

Last month, Usyk’s promoter Alexander Krassyuk has revealed fears Tyson Fury will withdraw from next month’s undisputed world heavyweight title fight.

Krassyuk told Boxing Scene he still has doubts that Fury will step into the ring with Usyk next month, claiming the Gypsy King has already withdrawn four times from the fight.

‘Usyk has actually had a triple camp for this fight,’ Krassyuk said. ‘He started in September for the fight to take place last December.

‘We showed up to the Ngannou fight to step in the ring to announce the fight for the undisputed, but his team jumped and said he didn’t look that good, so Usyk gave him some space to prepare at his camp in Saudi Arabia.

‘We were then meant to fight on Feb. 17, then we were rescheduled for May. Tyson Fury has withdrawn four times already from this fight.

‘I’ve not got too much confidence in the rematch happening, by the way. If Tyson Fury loses, will he have the confidence to step inside the ring again? Theoretically he can, but we all know what happened in the rematch with Wladimir Klitschko.’

Fury is due to face Usyk on May 18 after their world heavyweight title fight was rearranged

They will go head to head on May 18 in Riyadh after Fury’s eye injury delayed it from February

But the Briton appears to have decisively allayed those fears.

Fury looked laser-focused in training footage from last week, as he stepped up preparations for the undisputed heavyweight showdown.

The winner of the highly-anticipated bout will also unify the heavyweight division for the first time since March 1999, when Lennox Lewis beat Evander Holyfield.

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…