Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson fight will NOT involve headguards, YouTube star’s business partner confirms… after ex-British heavyweight Derek Chisora claimed bout will be a ‘sparring match’

Jake Paul and Mike Tyson will not be wearing headguards when they meet in the ring this summer, the YouTube star’s business partner has confirmed.

Paul, 27, announced last week that he is set to face Tyson, 57, in a controversial boxing encounter that will be screened live on Netflix on July 20.

Many have expressed outrage over ‘Iron Mike’ – who last competed professionally back in 2005 – stepping into the ring with a fighter 30 years his junior who has won his last two fights by knockout.

Amid concerns with the bout, former British heavyweight boxer Derek Chisora recently claimed to have heard that Paul and Tyson’s contest will simply be a ‘sparring match’ with both men wearing headguards and 18oz gloves.

Yet according to Nakisa Bidarian – Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions co-founder – rumors of headgear in the fight is simply ‘fake news’.

Jake Paul and Mike Tyson will not wear headguards when they meet in the ring this summer

Jake Paul and Mike Tyson will not wear headguards when they meet in the ring this summer

Paul's Most Valuable Promotions co-founder Nakisa Bidarian (right) says there will be no headgear in the July 20 bout

Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions co-founder Nakisa Bidarian (right) says there will be no headgear in the July 20 bout

Badarian took to Instagram on Tuesday to hit out at the 'fake news' circulating this week

Badarian took to Instagram on Tuesday to hit out at the ‘fake news’ circulating this week

Bidarian wrote on Instagram, via The Mirror, ‘Unequivocally there is no headgear for Paul vs Tyson, haters spreading fake news but it won’t stop the 10’s of millions of views.’

Tyson will be 58 years old by the time his proposed bout with Paul happens, sparking fears over his safety almost two decades since he bowed out from the sport.

The former world heavyweight champion has taken part in exhibitions since retiring, most recently taking on fellow fight legend Roy Jones Jr in 2020.

However, combat-sports journalist Ariel Helwani claims promoters behind Paul’s clash with Tyson are pushing for it to be staged as a professional contest.

‘They’re still working on a few important details based on the conversations that I’ve had,’ Helwani said on his latest MMA Hour show. ‘Is it pro or is it exhibition? They want pro, obviously that’s up to the Texas Commission. We’ll wait and see.

‘Weight, I’m told heavyweight. Rounds working on that as well.’

Eddie Hearn is ‘really sad’ Mike Tyson will be making a comeback

News of Paul and Tyson’s fight has been met by criticism in the boxing and sporting world, with British promoter Eddie Hearn labelling it ‘sad’.

‘For me it’s really sad because Mike Tyson was one of my idols growing up, and to see him fighting at 57, 58… but I also understand that a lot of people are going to tune in and watch,’ Hearn told Mail Sport last week.

‘It’s an entertainment event, Netflix, great to see them involved in boxing. I think it will do really well. But it’s just not really one for me.’

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…