David Beckham appeared sad with his children at Inter Miami’s match without Messi’s presence

If watching Inter Miami lose their latest match wasn’t bad enough, club boss David Beckham had to do it while in the presence of his children.



The former Manchester United and England midfielder, 48, was on hand to watch his side lose 2-1 at home to Monterrey in the Concacaf Champions Cup first leg on Wednesday evening.

Observing from the sidelines, a smartly dressed Beckham – wearing the signature blue suit he typically pulls on for such occasions

– was accompanied by three of his four children with former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham.



On hand to witness the defeat, sons Brooklyn, 25, Cruz, 19, and daughter Harper, 12, sat alongside their father as the team relinquished their one goal lead.


Inter Miami, playing without Lionel Messi, went a man down and then finished a goal down at Chase Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday evening.

After getting an 89th-minute winner from Jorge Rodriguez, Monterrey take a 2-1 lead into the second and final leg of the total-goal series on April 10 in Guadalupe, Mexico.

Messi was ruled out pregame due to a hamstring injury that has sidelined him since mid-March.

Even without the superstar, Miami went up 1-0 on a 19th-minute goal from Tomas Aviles.

The Herons were still on top when they lost midfielder David Ruiz to a second yellow card in the 65th minute.

Monterrey pulled level four minutes later on a goal from Maximiliano Meza, then jumped on top in the waning minutes.

The decisive tally was set up by an Inter Miami giveaway at the edge of the penalty area.

Meza laid the ball off to Rodriguez, who set the ball up with his first touch, then fired a 20-yard, right-footed shot into the far top corner.

Messi, who missed his fourth straight game because of a right hamstring injury, has not played since March 13, and also missed Argentina´s exhibitions last month against El Salvador and Costa Rica

It isn’t yet clear when the 36-year-old Messi will return. Inter Miami and Monterrey are scheduled to play the second leg of the quarterfinal in Mexico on April 10. Inter Miami will also play an MLS match against Colorado on Saturday.

‘Every day he’s feeling better. It would have been too much of a risk today,’ Inter Miami coach Gerardo “Tata” Martino said through an interpreter after the match.

He added that Messi will continue to be game-to-game.

Related Posts

Meghan Markle ‘irritated Victoria Beckham had considerably more wealth before falling out’

Meghan Markle was concerned to discover that Victoria Beckham ranked higher than her in the social pecking order and had mansions and private jets at her fingertips,…

Harry and Meghan’s private Montecito school plans will have ‘major disadvantage’

With the news Harry and Meghan are looking to send their children to private school, a leading royal author reveals the decision will have ‘major disadvantage’Harry and…

Inside Meghan Markle’s ‘struggles running a 9-bed £12million mansion with 15 staff’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s £12million mansion costs hundreds of thousands to upkeep, according to an expert. Thankfully, the Sussexes are not strapped for cashMeghan Markle and Prince Harry “struggle”…

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle fled the UK ‘in fear for their sanity and physical safety’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry left the Royal Family four years ago before moving to Montecito, California, and now the Duke of Sussex has reflected on their…

New blow for Prince Harry as ‘closest cousin’ seen joking around with Prince William

She grew up in a close knit unit with her cousins Prince William and Prince Harry, celebrating occassions together as well as going on holidays. No wonder…

Prince Harry ‘hates hotels and wears a disguise on UK visits’

The Duke of Sussex has made no secret of his desire for privacy, so it’s little wonder he goes out of his way to stay incognito, says…