Dana White ‘apology’ leads to major Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson announcement

A huge fight has been added to the Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card.

Dana White 'apology' leads to major Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson announcement

Dana White’s decision at the UFC 300 post-fight press conference appeared to pave the way for a major announcement for the Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card.

Paul vs. Tyson is set for July 20 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, which will be aired on Netflix – a move which has been praised by WWE legend Triple H.

And the card has been bolstered by the addition of the blockbuster rematch between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano.

But the women’s world super-lightweight clash had been mooted for June as Matchroom chief Eddie Hearn explored the idea of staging it at Las Vegas’ Sphere.

However, the Sphere idea did not go down well with White, who forbode Hearn’s venue proposal for Taylor vs. Serrano 2.

Asked about Matchroom looking at the Sphere to host Taylor vs. Serrano 2, the UFC boss replied: “I love you, Eddie Hearn. I consider him a friend. Ain’t happening.

“Sorry, Eddie. Love ya, buddy. You can go in the Sphere in October.”

Dana White on Matchroom having a boxing event at The Sphere before the UFC 306: I love you Eddie Hearn. I consider him a friend. Ain’t happening. Sorry, Eddie. Love ya, buddy. You can go in The Sphere in October. #UFC300

UFC have pencilled in a show at the Sphere for September 14, which will mark Mexican Independence Day.

As it stands, UFC 306 will be the first combat sports event at the Sphere and White wants to keep it that way as Hearn has placed Taylor vs. Serrano 2 on the Paul vs. Tyson card.

The Irish star edged out the Puerto Rican fighter by split-decision in their showdown back in April 2022.

It took place at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York City, drawing a huge attendance of 19,187.

The rematch could take place in front of 80,000 people, with a bumper crowd expected at the home of the Dallas Cowboys.

On running it back with Serrano, who’s backed promotionally by Paul, Taylor said: “This is the rematch the world has wanted to see, and I’m delighted that it’s finally happening.

“The first fight in New York was obviously an epic occasion and it more than lived up to the billing, and I’m sure the rematch will be no different. I want to thank Matchroom and DAZN for their help in making the fight possible and I’m looking forward to defending my titles as Undisputed World Champion in Dallas on Saturday, July 20.”

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…