Charles Leclerc Shocked by the Number of Supporters He Has in China – “It’s the Most I Have Seen in My Career”

Charles Leclerc Shocked by the Number of Supporters He Has in China - “It’s the Most I Have Seen in My Career”
Credits: IMAGO / Michael Potts

The Chinese GP returns to the F1 calendar for the first time since 2019. This will be Charles Leclerc’s second-ever outing at the Shanghai International Circuit. Still, F1 and Leclerc’s popularity remain ever-so-strong in China and the latter was surprised to see the number of supporters who turned up to the circuit ahead of the race.

While speaking to the media in front of the grandstand, Leclerc admitted that he never saw as many people supporting him as he did in Shanghai. He said,

I am very positively surprised by how many Monégasque flags there are in the grandstand, I think it‘s the most I have seen in my career.”

The grandstand at the Shanghai International Circuit is one of the biggest on the F1 calendar. Leclerc saw more flags of his home country there than he did in Monaco or Ferrari’s home venues, Monza and Imola. From Leclerc’s perspective, this will be a huge confidence boost as he looks to fight his way to the front of the grid in the race.

During his last outing in China, Leclerc was still a rookie. He finished P5 in that race, and Chinese fans seem to have developed fond memories of the Monegasque driver.

Charles Leclerc confident about a strong showing in the Chinese GP

Leclerc, normally a top-level qualifier, is having a tough time in securing good grid positions of late. His primary objective would have been to outqualify Carlos Sainz (his teammate), who has been getting the better of him in previous races. He achieved that but a P6 starting position is not particularly good as far as Ferrari is concerned.

However, Leclerc remains confident about his race pace. The 26-year-old is adamant that Ferrari’s performance in the Grand Prix will be much better just like it has been so far this season.

He said,

“However, in the race, I’m not worried. We’ve been strong in the last few races and I’m sure we’ll be also today”

Leclerc will also have extra motivation to keep Sainz behind him. Sainz has been outperforming Leclerc so far this season, and after their recent coming together at the F1 Sprint, the Monegasque driver will have a point to prove to his 29-year-old teammate who will leave Ferrari come the end of the season.

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…