Aussies slam boxing promoters and Fox Sports for giving disgraced footy star Curtis Scott a chance to resurrect his sporting career after he assaulted his glamorous athlete ex

Fight promoters No Limit Boxing have been slammed by Aussie fans after offering fallen NRL star and Curtis Scott the chance to revive his sporting career in the ring after he was convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

On debut, Scott, 26, knocked out former Canberra Raiders teammate Joey Leilua in the second round of their bout on Wednesday night in Wollongong – and then called out ex-AFL enforcer Barry Hall.

The bout left many fans asking why Scott was handed an opportunity in a different sport given his conviction in 2022 for domestic violence against former partner Tay-Leiha Clark.

Fight promoters No Limit Boxing have been slammed by Aussie fans after offering fallen NRL star Curtis Scott (pictured) the chance to revive his sporting career in the ring

Fight promoters No Limit Boxing have been slammed by Aussie fans after offering fallen NRL star Curtis Scott (pictured) the chance to revive his sporting career in the ring

On debut, Scott (pictured left) knocked out former Canberra Raiders teammate Joey Leilua in the second round of their bout on Wednesday night in Wollongong

On debut, Scott (pictured left) knocked out former Canberra Raiders teammate Joey Leilua in the second round of their bout on Wednesday night in Wollongong

In 2022, Scott was convicted in a Sydney court after assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, star long jumper Tay-Leiha Clark (pictured)

In 2022, Scott was convicted in a Sydney court after assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, star long jumper Tay-Leiha Clark (pictured)

One boxing fan was shocked to see Scott given a second chance ahead of his debut in the ring

One boxing fan was shocked to see Scott given a second chance ahead of his debut in the ring

Another felt the broadcast of the fight on pay per view TV was 'promoting a known stalker and abuser' in Curtis Scott

Another felt the broadcast of the fight on pay per view TV was ‘promoting a known stalker and abuser’ in Curtis Scott

Both these sports fans were stunned to see Scott being promoted ahead of the bout

Both these sports fans were stunned to see Scott being promoted ahead of the bout

A spokesperson from No Limit Boxing told Daily Mail Australia on Thursday morning that they have no affiliation with Scott, insisting that he was merely a fighter on the undercard.

TRENDING

Footy legend rushed to hospital with ‘excruciating pain’

5.8k viewing now

Family of Billy Slater’s brother-in-law break their silence

2.4k viewing now

Giggs has been working in football since October after charges cleared

1.1k viewing now

 

The media representative also added that the organisation had ‘no interest in being part of a Curtis Scott redemption story’.

Fox Sports declined to comment when contacted by Daily Mail Australia.

Several commenters lashed out on the social media platform X when they saw the fight and the promotion that went along with it.

‘He was exiled due to committing domestic violence on his partner. But hey, let’s keep promoting him,’ one fan wrote.

‘Congrats on promoting a woman beater,’ said another bemused supporter.

A third weighed in with: ‘Is Fox NRL really trying to push the career of a domestic abuser?? 

Daily Mail Australia also reached out to Ms Clark for comment in relation to Scott’s latest sporting pursuit. 

In December last year, retired footy player Trent Merrin attempted to defend Scott on social media – and Clark didn’t mince her words when it came to replying.

‘After four years, never once has there been any personal accountability taken. This is not an opportunity for redemption, it’s ignorance,’ she posted in response.

‘It might be beneficial for Trent to consider this before publicly advocating for a man who has never even shown remorse towards his victim.’

Scott won a NRL premiership with Melbourne Storm in 2017 and was viewed as a potential State of Origin player for NSW, but his career was ruined by a string of off-field dramas.

Last month, Ms Clark called out Fox League for ‘endorsing’ Scott, who she labelled a ‘dangerous man’.

Clark (pictured) has previously lashed out at ex-NRL star Trent Merrin and Fox League for 'endorsing' and 'advocating for' Scott

Clark (pictured) has previously lashed out at ex-NRL star Trent Merrin and Fox League for ‘endorsing’ and ‘advocating for’ Scott

In 2022, the Cronulla Sharks junior was sentenced to a 12-month community corrections order after being found guilty of three charges against his ex-girlfriend, athlete Tay-Leiha Clark: assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault and stalk or intimidate with the intention of causing fear or physical harm.

He was sacked by the Canberra Raiders before the assault charge – for a separate incident surrounding a nightclub altercation – although he was later cleared of any charges.

Scott is also in a legal battle with NSW Police over what he claims was an ‘unlawful’ arrest in Sydney in January of 2020. 

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…