Anthony Joshua refuses to name Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk as his next opponent after his recent fight with Francis Ngannou

Anthony Joshua brushed off concern over Francis Ngannou‘s size ahead of their ‘Knockout Chaos’ clash in Saudi Arabia on Friday.

The British heavyweight will face the crossover star in both fighters’ second Saudi Arabia-based clash of this Riyadh Season, with AJ previously despatching Otto Wallin as the showpiece fight on the ‘The Day of Reckoning’ card.

Opponent Ngannou fought his first-ever heavyweight clash on Saudi soil in the ‘Battle of the Baddest’ against Tyson Fury, narrowly falling to the Gypsy King via split decision but acquitting himself well in the process.

The showdown in the Gulf state pits the Briton against a formidable rival in the figure of the Cameroonian fighter, despite Ngannou preparing to feature in just his second heavyweight clash.

But when asked how he was preparing to face up to an opponent with a similarly titanic physique, AJ refused to be drawn into comparisons.

Anthony Joshua was a composed presence ahead of his pre-fight arrival on Monday night

The Briton will first Francis Ngannou in the Cameroonian’s second-ever heavyweight clash

But Joshua seemed unruffled at the prospect of fighting the crossover star who almost stopped Tyson Fury in his tracks

‘I think we’ve got a fight,’ Joshua exclusively told Mail Sport. ‘It’s not a physique competition, it’s a fight, it’s a boxing match, let’s go.’

He also kept his cards close to his chest with regards to the event’s moniker, and was unwilling to predict who exactly would provide the ‘Knockout Chaos’.

‘I don’t know, let’s see what happens,’ the 34-year-old added. ‘Talk is cheap, but I’m ready 100 per cent, I’m definitely, definitely, definitely ready.’

Just 73 days have passed since Joshua was last in the ring facing off with Wallin, but the fighter was raring to go on Monday evening for the fight’s grand pre-fight arrival, where he stressed the importance of keeping in shape and fight-ready between bouts.

‘It’s important to stay locked in,’ Joshua continued. ‘My mind has so many thoughts a day, and I need to try and channel them to be focused on boxing.

‘The more I stay in the gym, the better I get, the more I stay in the gym, the more fights I win. It’s a tough game, so the less time you spend in the gym the harder your job is.

‘I want to make my job as easy as possible. I’m looking forward to getting back in the gym maybe Monday after this fight.’

Ngannou lost to the Gypsy King via split decision in October after acquitting himself very well

Joshua refused to be drawn on whether he will link up with Fury or former opponent Oleksandr Usyk for his next tie

Although boxing fans will have to wait four more days to watch the banner spectacle, speculation is already mounting as to who the highly motivated Briton could face next.

Supporters have long clamoured for his match-up with Fury, who is in the process of preparing to fight Oleksandr Usyk after their February bout was delayed due to his training injury.

But Joshua had no interest on being tempted into revealing his next opponent, be that Fury or the Ukranian former cruiserweight, who he has been defeated by two times previously.

‘Just get this fight out the way,’ Joshua stressed. ‘That’s my main focus.’

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…