Prince’s friends vow to help smooth path back and dub it ‘Operation Bring Harry In From The Cold’

Duke of Sussex asks former aides to help plot RETURN from his US exile in first stage of ‘rehabilitation’ strategy: Prince’s friends vow to help smooth path back and dub it ‘Operation Bring Harry In From The Cold’

Prince Harry has sought advice from trusted former aides in Britain on how to mastermind a return from exile in the United States, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Sources said the Duke of Sussex is consulting people ‘from his old life’ as a working royal after allegedly growing dissatisfied with advice from American-based image experts.

The overtures signify the first stage in a strategy to ‘rehabilitate’ Harry that would involve him spending more time in the UK to repair his relationship with his father and potentially initiate a partial return to the royal fold.

Sources stressed that Harry and Meghan, who have spent the past four years living in self-imposed exile in California with their two children, are not seeking a permanent return.

This newspaper can also reveal that the couple have parted company with yet another American PR adviser. Christine Weil Schirmer joined the Sussexes in 2020 as head of communications but left quietly late last year.

Prince William and Prince Harry walk beside each other after viewing the floral tributes for the late Queen Elizabeth II outside Windsor Castle

Copy link to paste in your message

Prince William and Prince Harry walk beside each other after viewing the floral tributes for the late Queen Elizabeth II outside Windsor Castle

Prince Harry and Meghan during their trip to Columbia earlier this month

Copy link to paste in your message

Prince Harry and Meghan during their trip to Columbia earlier this month

Prince Harry and Meghan pictured with their children in December 2021

Copy link to paste in your message

Prince Harry and Meghan pictured with their children in December 2021

Do you believe the Royal Family should welcome Prince Harry back after his time in the U.S.?

Comment now

Sussexes lose yet another key PR adviser

Another top adviser to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle has quit, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Christine Weil Schirmer, considered to be one of Silicon Valley’s top publicity gurus, joined the Sussexes in 2020 as head of communications for their charitable foundation Archewell, charged with boosting the global image of the Sussexes. She was made a senior adviser in 2021.

But the Mail on Sunday can reveal that she joined PR agency Brunswick at the start of August to advise clients on reputation management. Described as ‘the real deal’ and ‘widely respected’, she is the tenth staff member to have left the Sussexes since they moved to the US.

She previously worked for Apple and Pinterest and studied at Northwestern University in Illinois at the same time as Meghan, but it is not known if their paths crossed.

She quietly quit her job with the Sussexes at the end of last year.

 

She is the tenth staff member to have left the couple in three years and last month took up a job with PR giant Brunswick advising clients on reputation management.

Last month, it emerged that the Sussexes’ chief of staff Josh Kettler had suddenly quit his job after scarcely three months.

‘Harry is turning away from all sorts of Hollywood publicists and is seeking counsel from his old friends and associates,’ said a source.

‘He is clearly reaching out thinking, “I need to do something different because what I’m doing is clearly not working”. In short, he is rethinking the way he operates.’

Prince Harry’s representatives did not respond to a request for comment.

Ending his rancorous feud with his brother William is not seen as a realistic goal, but last week this newspaper revealed that the King may be open to healing the rift with his youngest son, and had consulted with faith leaders as he explores the nature of forgiveness.

At least one of the advisers approached by Harry is a trusted figure ‘from the old school’ known for loyalty and discretion.

One friend has already devised a strategy for how Harry might begin moving in UK circles again – even carrying out ‘very low-key royal duties’ – although the Duke is said to be open to ideas from many sources.

A source said the friend ‘believes if Harry comes back to the UK with zero fuss, and does zero publicity and attends very mundane events, he could prove himself and win over the British public again.

Sources said the Duke of Sussex is consulting people 'from his old life' as a working royal after allegedly growing dissatisfied with advice from American-based image experts

Copy link to paste in your message

Sources said the Duke of Sussex is consulting people ‘from his old life’ as a working royal after allegedly growing dissatisfied with advice from American-based image experts

Prince William and Prince Harry arrive for the unveiling of a statue of their mother, Princess Diana in July 2021

Copy link to paste in your message

Prince William and Prince Harry arrive for the unveiling of a statue of their mother, Princess Diana in July 2021

Prince Harry and Meghan during their trip to Columbia this month

Copy link to paste in your message

Prince Harry and Meghan during their trip to Columbia this month

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend the 'Afro Women and Power' forum in Cali, Colombia, on August 18

Copy link to paste in your message

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend the ‘Afro Women and Power’ forum in Cali, Colombia, on August 18

Prince Harry at the Unidad Recreativa El Vallado in Columbia on August 18

Copy link to paste in your message

Prince Harry at the Unidad Recreativa El Vallado in Columbia on August 18

Meghan and Prince Harry at the Unidad Recreativa El Vallado on August 18 in Cali, Colombia

Copy link to paste in your message

Meghan and Prince Harry at the Unidad Recreativa El Vallado on August 18 in Cali, Colombia

He would have to accept, though, that he might be reduced to ribbon cutting for a long period. But it would give him purpose to work again.’

But the source said it would only happen ‘if certain members of the family could find it in themselves to allow it’.

Separately, the Duke, who turns 40 this month, has sent conciliatory messages to a number of old friends in the UK on WhatsApp. They are ready and willing to help him smooth a path back to Britain, with some referring to their task as Operation Bring Harry In From The Cold.

Friends are hoping the Duke’s former private secretary Edward Lane Fox might spearhead a comeback. One said: ‘If anyone can do it, Edward can. Last time I saw him I wanted to take him by the shoulders and say, “Ed, please bring our boy home”. It’s the right time now.’

Asked about helping Harry, Mr Lane Fox told this newspaper: ‘It’s not something I’ve got a view on I’m afraid.’

Although Harry’s relationship with his brother is feared irreparably damaged, the Duke has seemed less embittered of late.

To his family’s relief, he has decided against updating his acrimonious memoirs, Spare, for its paperback edition, due out on October 24, and will not be giving interviews to publicise it.

Related Posts

Katie Piper’s Triumph: 17 Years After Acid Attack, She Stuns the World in a Blue Bikini

Seventeen years after a brutal acid attack left her blind in one eye and scarred across her face, neck, chest, and arms — and following more than 250…

“SHE’S NOT OKAY NOW!”: Lesley Joseph Breaks Down Over Pauline Quirke’s Cruel Battle With Dementia. At the Variety Club Showbusiness Awards, the beloved actress struggled to hold back tears as she spoke, voice trembling with raw emotion: “I miss her so much… it’s heartbreaking to see her like this.” Pauline, diagnosed with dementia in 2021, has faced a relentless decline that has left even decades of friendship feeling painfully fragile. Lesley recalled moments from their iconic on-screen partnership as Dorien and Sharon, memories now tinged with fear and sorrow. Earlier this year, Linda Robson shared that Pauline still has “up days” and even asked after her “mate Linda,” a fragile spark of recognition in a world growing dim. As Lesley prepares to visit her friend, fans are left gripped by the weight of her words, mourning the cruel reality of a life once full of laughter now shadowed by disease, and wondering how the bonds of love endure when time and memory betray even the strongest hearts.

Sending prayers, strength, and endless love to Pauline, Lesley, and Linda.A wave of sadness has swept through the hearts of Birds of a Feather fans after beloved…

Davina McCall Is ‘Planning an Intimate Winter Wedding in the New Year to Fiancé Michael Douglas’ After Breast Cancer Diagnosis

Davina McCall is reportedly planning an intimate winter wedding in the New Year to fiancé Michael Douglas after her recent breast cancer diagnosis Davina McCall is reportedly…

CONFIRMED: ITV Unveils the New Host of The Chase, Bradley Walsh’s replacement — Fans Are in Shock and the reaction is heartbreaking.K

Fans of The Chase have been sent into a frenzy after a surprise wave of speculation suggested that ITV may already have a successor lined up if beloved host Bradley…

Midnight Scandal in Las Vegas: Did Oscar Piastri Just Expose McLaren’s Secret Favoritism War?

In the high-stakes world of Formula 1, drama is rarely confined to the racetrack. But late Friday night, under the neon glow of the Las Vegas Grand…

Title Hopes Crushed by Millimeters: The Brutal History of F1 Disqualifications Strikes Again in Las Vegas

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, the difference between glory and ruin is often measured in thousandths of a second. But as the dust settles on…