Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles’ Role as Colonel-in-Chief

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles’ Role as Colonel-in-Chief

 

William was officially appointed the new role by his father, King Charles III, last week.
Prince William officially took his position in his new role — and dressed for the occasion.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

On Monday, the second in line to the British throne was presented with the role of Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps by his father, King Charles III.

The official hand off happened at the Army Aviation Centre in Hampshire, England. The role, which was previously held by Charles for three decades, makes William the official head of the miliary regiment.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

William, 41, and Charles, 75, were seen posing in front of an Apache helicopter as the king presented his son with the official uniform patch. William then suited up, and got right to work, joining members of the armed forces on base, and speaking with them about their military work. William flew out of the base in an Apache helicopter.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

William’s new role has a close connection to his younger brother, Prince Harry. The Duke of Sussex actively served as part of the military regiment for 10 years, from 2005-2015. During his time in the military, Harry served in Afghanistan twice and was ranked Apache helicopter commander.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

Last week, royal expert Katie Nicholl told ET that William’s new role would appear as a “slap in the face,” to his estranged younger brother, as he was stripped of his military duties when he stepped away from royal life in 2020.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

“Yes, he’s over here part of the Invictus community celebrating 10 years, but he’s been stripped of his right to wear his military uniform,” Nicholl said. “And now his brother’s taken over the role that I think Harry would have expected to have come to him, had he still been a working member of the royal family. So, yes, I think the timing does feel poignant. And, yes, I think it’s probably another slap in the face for Prince Harry, and yet another reminder that he’s very much out rather than in when it comes to the royal family.”

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

Charles’ appointment of the role to William comes amid his public battle with cancer. The monarch, who announced his diagnosis in February, has recently returned to public-facing duties. The Prince of Wales is also undertaking solo engagements, as his wife, Kate Middleton, privately undergoes treatment for her cancer diagnosis.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

William and Charles’ joint outing comes as Harry and Meghan marked their first international tour since stepping away from royal duties. Over the weekend, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex traveled to Nigeria after being invited for a visit by the Chief of Defense Staff.

Harry traveled back home to the U.K. last week in honor of the 10th anniversary of the Invictus Games. Prior to his travels, a spokesperson for Harry confirmed that he would not see his family.

 

Prince William Suits Up in Uniform to Take Over King Charles' Role as Colonel-in-Chief

“In response to the many inquiries and continued speculation on whether or not the duke will meet with his father while in the U.K. this week, it, unfortunately, will not be possible due to His Majesty’s full program,” a spokesperson for Harry told ET. “The duke, of course, is understanding of his father’s diary of commitments and various other priorities and hopes to see him soon.”

Related Posts

“I JUST WANT TO LIVE…”  — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees. SS

“I JUST WANT TO LIVE…”  — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s…

“I Can’t Imagine My Life Without Her… I Had To Do This.”  Fiona Phillips’ husband made a choice few could ever imagine — walking away from everything he knew, from his career, the spotlight, and the life he had built, all for one reason: her. Those closest to the couple describe the moment he decided as utterly heart-stopping, a mixture of fear, love, and devotion that left everyone in tears. “She’s been there for me through everything, through the darkest times, and now it’s my turn to be there for her, no matter what it costs me,” he whispered. It wasn’t just the magnitude of what he gave up — the public life, the comfort, the recognition — but the quiet, unseen sacrifices that make the moment so achingly human. In stepping away from everything familiar, he didn’t just change his own path — he rewrote theirs, proving that true love sometimes asks for the deepest, most painful acts of courage. SS

“I Can’t Imagine My Life Without Her… I Had To Do This.”  Fiona Phillips’ husband made a choice few could ever imagine — walking away from everything he…

Shocking Footage Sends Europe into Crisis: British Vigilantes Target Migrant Dinghies on French Beaches! CQ1 SS

Shocking Footage Sends Europe into Crisis: British Vigilantes Target Migrant Dinghies on French Beaches! CQ1 Britons have been filming themselves travelling to beaches in France and ‘destroying’…

“HE’S THE BRAVEST MAN I KNOW…”  Lorna Luxe couldn’t hold back the tears as she delivered the most devastating update of her life, revealing that her husband John’s cancer is now terminal. With her voice breaking, she described sepsis, organ failure, and countless nights pacing hospital corridors, admitting doctors have told them there are no treatments left. “I watch him fight every single day,” she wrote through tears, calling John “the bravest man I know” as she struggles to face a future she never imagined. Still, Lorna clings to faith, prayer, and love — holding his hand tighter with every passing hour as time feels unbearably fragile. Her words have left readers heartbroken, many saying they were left sobbing by her raw honesty and strength. SS

“HE’S THE BRAVEST MAN I KNOW…”  Lorna Luxe couldn’t hold back the tears as she delivered the most devastating update of her life, revealing that her husband John’s…

LIVE: TOTAL COLLAPSE! The “Illusion” Has Finally Shattered  The Mandate is DEAD. The Trust is GONE. What is happening right now isn’t just a shift… it’s a REVOLT. It is happening before our very eyes.  For months, they told you everything was under control. They told you the support was there. They lied. We are broadcasting LIVE as the latest numbers roll in, and they are painting a picture of absolute devastation. This isn’t just a slide in the polls; this is a historical freefall. The silence from the top is deafening, but the message from the streets is crystal clear.  SS

LIVE: TOTAL COLLAPSE! The “Illusion” Has Finally Shattered  The Mandate is DEAD. The Trust is GONE. What is happening right now isn’t just a shift… it’s a REVOLT. It…

“WE TRULY THOUGHT SHE HAD MORE TIME…” Britain Has Been Left Shattered After A Devastating New Update On Eight-year-old Isla — The Brave Diy Sos Girl Who Quietly Stole The Nation’s Heart. What Began With Cautious Hope Has Now Turned Into The Moment Families Across The Country Feared Most, Sending Shockwaves Through Viewers Who Watched Her Smile Through Unimaginable Pain. Parents Held Their Children Closer, Tears Flooded Social Media, And One Heartbreaking Truth Echoed Everywhere: We Were Not Ready To Hear This. Isla’s Courage Never Faltered — But This Update Has Left A Nation In Mourning, Struggling To Process How Something So Unfair Could Touch Someone So Young. SS

“WE TRULY THOUGHT SHE HAD MORE TIME…” Britain Has Been Left Shattered After A Devastating New Update On Eight-year-old Isla — The Brave Diy Sos Girl Who Quietly…