Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet set to appear at this major event in royal first

EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly making arrangements for their two young children to be at a major royal event next year.

Prince Harry with his family

Archie and Lilibet could attend the Invictus Games in Vancouver (Image: Alexi Lubomirski/ Duke and Duchess of Sussex)

Although shielded from the public eye and rarely making appearances, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s two children could make their debut appearance at a major event held next year in Canada.

Express.co.uk reveals the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are busy planning for the logisitcs of the Invictus Games opening ceremony in Vancouver in 2025 and are considering taking Prince Archie, five, and Princess Lilibet, three, to the “family focused” event.

The event is scheduled to be held on February 8, 1pm, at BC Place Vancouver and contestants taking part in the Games can also bring their families and young children along.

The source said: “Harry and Meghan are planning to take Archie and Lilibet to help promote a new ‘family-friendly’ Invictus Games.

“The Sussexes have been very involved with the organisational elements of the Invictus Games Vancouver Whistler events and it was very much their idea to make this a family-friendly games so that those taking part can bring their children along.”

Stay up-to-date with the latest Royal newsJoin us on WhatsApp

Our community members are treated to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. You can check out at any time. Read our Privacy Policy

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and a baby Archie

Meghan and Harry are preparing to take their two children along to the Invictus Games next year (Image: Getty)

According to the source, Invictus Games organisers have scheduled a week of “family-friendly” summer and winter sporting events to encourage sports fans and wounded veterans to get the younger generation involved.

It is thought Harry’s wishes are for Prince Archie to continue the legacy of the Invictus Games and take ownership when he reaches maturity. The source revealed: “A patronage will one day be passed to Archie so the foundation can be kept within the family. Harry is adamant that the Invictus Games will remain a Sussex initiative.”

After a week of “family-friendly” fun, it is thought the closing ceremony will be an “adult only” occasion and take place at Rogers Arena at 7pm on Sunday, February 16, 2025, at the end of the nine-day competition.

Prince Harry, 39, is heavily involved with the Invictus Games and co-founded the event in 2014 while he was working with the Royal Foundation which he then shared with Prince William and Princess Kate, both 42.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Vancouver

Harry and Meghan at the ‘One Year to Go’ anniversary event (Image: Getty)

In February 2024, Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle visited Vancouver, Canada for the “One Year to Go” event ahead of the Winter Invictus Games and the couple met competitors at the Whistler Blackcomb ski resort.

Around 550 competitors from up to 25 nations will take part in events including sitting volleyball, swimming and wheelchair basketball in the 2025 games.

Winter sports such as alpine skiing, snowboarding and wheelchair curling will also be part of the competition for the first time.

The first edition of the games was held in London in 2014, with subsequent competitions being held in the US, Canada, and Australia.

Last year in a Netflix documentary series about the Invictus Games, Prince Harry described his emotional “unravelling” after he returned from military service in Afghanistan in 2013. The five-part documentary series, Heart of Invictus, told the story of the Prince’s sports competition for servicemen and women.

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…