Shockwaves After BBC Ban: John Torode Finally Speaks Out on Gregg Wallace’s Exit

Masterchef star John Torode has posted on his social media for the first time since his former co-host Gregg Wallace released a bombshell statement after being sacked from the show

Masterchef host John Torode has taken the plunge and broken his social media silence, after staying silent on social media in the wake of Gregg Wallace’s sacking and statement earlier this week.

Earlier this week Gregg, 60, shared a statement in which he warned he would ‘not go quietly’ as it was revealed he had been sacked from the BBC show by its production company Banijay as 50 more people came forward to make allegations of misconduct – which Gregg denies. A scathing letter shared exclusively by the Mirror then revealed Gregg had been banned from the BBC.

Gregg’s statement and sacking comes as allegations of groping, flashing and making sexual comments that go back years came to light. While the 60-year-old has admitted using inappropriate language at times, he denies the more serious allegations and has now hired an “aggressive” lawyer who may challenge his axing.

As explosive events unfolded this week, John had avoided posting to social media but has since broken that social media silence today. TV chef John, 59, has opted to continue to ignore the scandal surrounding his former BBC co-host and opted to focus on his own career in two Instagram story posts shared this morning.


John Torode worked alongside Gregg Wallace on MasterChef but said the pair were ‘never friends’

The first video posted on John’s Instagram story is a re-share from Good Food, in which John cooks BBQ lamb cutlets – which John describes as an “in or out dish” meaning you can either cook the dish indoors or outdoors.

It was quickly followed by another share from John, which saw him stood alongside his wife Lisa Faulkner as they promote what they have coming up on today’s episode of John and Lisa’s Weekend Kitchen, which aired on ITV this morning. The married couple face the camera as Lisa explains: “We’ve just made the most delicious rice – Persian rice – with chicken thighs – absolutely gorgeous.”

John has broken his social media silence
“And, at the bottom of it there’s crispy, crispy rice. It’s all things rice in this recipe,” Lisa says as John then adds., while sweetly holding his wife’s arm: “It is all things nice and rice. We started off with your favourite thing ever, which is crispy rice, usually served with tuna and salmon but we did it with avocado and prawns…”

Lisa then replies: “We did. I served it. It’s all things rice on this recipe – I’ve lost the plot.” John then adds: “And then we did a mango one…” As Lisa explains: “We did sticky, salty coconut rice which sounds… is just delicious.”

John stood beside his wife Lisa Faulkner to discuss what they had cooked on their show

John continues to explain what else they made on the programme before ending the video with: “It’s been nice, it’s been rice it’s been… nice and ricey!”

The Masterchef host has remained silent on the bombshells surrounding Gregg Wallace – after previously revealing the pair were not friends outside of the show. His deafening silence came after he made one statement in response to the news of complaints about Gregg’s alleged misconduct in December.


Gregg Wallace released a statement as it was revealed he had been sacked from MasterChef (
Image:
BBC)

John’s statement shared in December read: “Since last Friday I have been away filming MasterChef overseas. I love my job, and I love MasterChef. I love being part of it and will continue to be part of it.

“During the last few days, I’ve been trying to make the best cookery programme, so being busy making the show and caring for our contestants has allowed me little time to think about anything else, but that has been hard.

“But as I hope everyone appreciates there is an investigation underway, which I fully support, so I cannot make any further comment at this stage and I hope that you all understand and respect my silence on the matter moving forward.”

John’s vow to remain silent on the matter has stood firm as he has not spoken out about the allegations surrounding Gregg since. John has previously said the pair were “never friends”, despite co-hosting MasterChef together since 2005.

“We’ve never been friends,” He told the Mirror in 2017. “It’s funny, we’ve never been friends. We’ve not been to each other’s houses… He’s so OCD, he wouldn’t know what to do. He’d build it up in his mind for three days, and probably make himself quite sick, then he’d have an argument with his wife and not turn up. If I went to his house, he would feel like he wasn’t in control.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…