Sharon Osbourne breaks social media silence after Ozzy’s heartbreaking death!

Sharon Osbourne has spoken out following the death of her beloved husband, Ozzy, who died aged 76 on Tuesday after medics fought to save him for hours

Sharon Osbourne has spoken out after the death of her husband Ozzy. On Tuesday, she and her family announced that the Black Sabbath frontman had died surrounded by his loved ones at the age of 76.

His family said: “It is with more sadness than mere words can convey that we have to report that our beloved Ozzy Osbourne has passed away this morning. He was with his family and surrounded by love. We ask everyone to respect our family privacy at this time. Sharon, Jack, Kelly, Aimee and Louis.”

The music manager responded to a tribute to her husband, shared by musician Gavin Rossdale. The Bush frontman posted a snap of himself and Ozzy on Instagram on Tuesday alongside the caption: “RIP OZZY – a great man -a true legend – I met Ozzy through Jack just a few times but he was so warm and kind and funny and i love that memory .sending much love to his family at this difficult time. Rest in power.”


Sharon broke her social media silence with a two word comment (
Image:
gavinrossdale/Instagram)
Responding, Sharon, known affectionately as Mrs O, commented on Gavin’s post: “Bless you.” She later responded to a moving tribute shared by Radio 1 broadcaster, Jack Saunders. The presenter became emotional on air as he broke the news of Ozzy’s death.

Taking to Instagram hours after his broadcast, Jack said: “As I was on air tonight, the news broke that we had lost one of the greatest showman the world of metal and music has ever seen. The bands and artists that dare to fly the flag in the name of rock n roll do so because Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath did first. He was a blessing to music. Rest In Peace the Prince Of Darkness.”

Sharon responded: “Jack thank you for your tribute to Ozzy tonight, bless you.” Meanwhile, Sir Elton John, a close friend of Sharon and Ozzy, also shared a moving tribute.

The Rocket Man hitmaker shared a picture of himself and Ozzy, and wrote: “So sad to hear the news of @ozzyosbourne passing away. He was a dear friend and a huge trailblazer who secured his place in the pantheon of rock gods – a true legend. He was also one of the funniest people I’ve ever met. I will miss him dearly. To Sharon and the family, I send my condolences and love.


Gavin posted a moving tribute to the late Prince of Darkness (
Image:
gavinrossdale/Instagram)
“Elton xx.” Ozzy’s health deteriorated on Tuesday, days after his final performance at his Back To The Beginning concert at Villa Park, the stadium he loved, the home of Aston Villa. In recent years, his health had worsened following his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis in 2003, which he only shared in 2020.

An air ambulance landed close to Ozzy’s Buckinghamshire mansion at around 10:30am on Tuesday, and medics spent hours attempting to revive the Black Sabbath musician. A local resident said they became alarmed after noticing the helicopter in the quiet village and saw it landing close to Ozzy and Sharon’s mansion.


The godfather of heavy metal died aged 76 on Tuesday at his Buckinghamshire home (
Image:
Ross Halfin)

They told the MailOnline: “All of us were talking about it and wondering what had happened. We immediately feared it may be for him as he was known to be in fragile health. When we heard later that night that he had died it confirmed our worst fears.”

A spokesperson for Thames Valley Air Ambulance said: “We can confirm that our helicopter was dispatched to provide advanced critical care at an incident near Chalfont St Giles yesterday.”

The chopper took off from RAF Benson in Oxfordshire and arrived after just 15 minutes. The red aircraft is used to treat patients requiring the most critical care. Today, Ozzy’s sister told the Mirror how she was glad he was able to die in England, after he had been yearning to return home, having spent two decades in Los Angeles.

Returning to England was something Ozzy had been extremely passionate about, having spent two decades in Los Angeles, where he and Sharon initially moved so their children, Kelly and Jack could attend specialist dyslexia schools. One of his main reasons for wanting to return was gun violence in the United States.

“Everything’s f***ing ridiculous [in America]. I’m fed up with people getting killed every day,” he told The Observer.

Related Posts

Loose Women star Denise Welch’s three word warning after being scammed for thousands

Denise Welch has opened up about how she was scammed of thousands of pounds after making a huge error – and is warning others not to do…

Kym Marsh suffers another tragic family loss as she shares heartbreaking tribute

Actress Kym Marsh has revealed her family has suffered another devastating death as she paid an emotional tribute on her social media following the loss of her…

David Beckham makes big gesture on social media towards son Brooklyn amid rift

David Beckham showed his support for his eldest son Brooklyn Beckham on social media this week following rumours of a rift between some of the family in…

Clarkson’s Farm star Harriet Cowan claims she is ‘not making any money’ despite show

Harriet Cowan became a hit with Clarkson’s Farm viewers when she stepped in to help Jeremy Clarkson while Kaleb Cooper went away as she revealed the harsh…

Danniella Westbrook confesses her biggest regret as she looks back on her troubled past

Former EastEnders actress Danniella Westbrook says she doesn’t have any career regrets, but drugs will “always” be her biggest regret, as she’s opened up about her past…

Alex Jones fights tears as her rarely-seen husband appears on The One Show

Alex Jones was brought to tears during tonight’s episode of The One Show as her rarely-seen husband Charlie made a surprise appearance as she celebrated 15 years…