Revealed: How Christian Horner was informed of his shock sacking as Red Bull team principal, one year on from sexting scandal – ‘as clay pigeon shoot exposed his crumbling relationship with bosses’!

A new report has detailed how Christian Horner was informed of his shock Red Bull sacking earlier this week.

Horner was dismissed as team principal on Wednesday after 20 years at the constructor, having overseen the team’s transformation from upstart on the grid to winner of six constructors’ championships and eight drivers’ championships.

While the official reason for Horner’s firing remains unstated, it comes almost exactly a year after the former team principal was engulfed in a high-profile investigation.

In February last year, the 51-year-old was accused of sexual harassment and coercive and controlling behaviour by a female employee. He was twice cleared, initially after an internal investigation conducted by a lawyer, and then by another lawyer who dismissed the female employee’s appeal.

The episode cast a long shadow over the team, though, and left Horner’s public image severely tarnished.

And now, German outlet Bild has revealed how the fallout from that turbulent period culminated in Horner’s dramatic sacking.


+9
View gallery

A new report has detailed how Christian Horner was informed of his shock Red Bull sacking


+9
View gallery

The 51-year-old was told face-to-face by advisor Helmut Marko (right) and global sports director Oliver Mintzlaff (left)


+9
View gallery

Horner met with Red Bull’s hierarchy in a London hotel suite and was shocked by the decision

The veteran team principal was reportedly informed of his Red Bull dismissal in a London hotel suite, blindsided by the energy drink empire’s top brass.

Horner was told face-to-face by advisor Helmut Marko and global sports director Oliver Mintzlaff on Tuesday afternoon. It is understood that he was left stunned by the news.

While the sacking may have shocked Horner personally, the groundwork had been quietly laid for weeks.

Mintzlaff reportedly began privately considering personnel changes during Red Bull’s home race – the Austrian Grand Prix – at the end of June.

A decisive conversation reportedly took place at Red Bull’s headquarters between Mintzlaff and the team’s billionaire owners, Chalerm Yoovidhya and Mark Mateschitz.

One week later, during a Zoom call, Mintzlaff confirmed the decision: Horner would be removed after the owners gave the green light.

It is understood that Horner’s expanding grip on power within the Red Bull structure, including control over marketing, technical, and engine departments, had caused friction at the top.

His reluctance to step back from these roles reportedly angered Yoovidhya, who at one point threatened to cut off contact unless Horner complied.


+9
View gallery

Mintzlaff reportedly began privately considering replacing Horner during the Austrian Grand Prix at the end of June


+9
View gallery

It is understood that Horner’s expanding grip on power within the Red Bull structure, including control over marketing, technical, and engine departments, had caused friction at the top


+9
View gallery

Horner’s reluctance to step back from these roles reportedly angered Red Bull owner Chalerm Yoovidhya, who at one point threatened to cut off contact unless Horner complied


+9
View gallery

Max Verstappen sided with Marko when the advisor threatened to quit during a power struggle between himself and Horner in early 2024

Perhaps the clearest sign that Horner’s position was becoming untenable came just days before the British Grand Prix.

At his annual clay pigeon shoot event near Oxford – a tradition typically attended by Red Bull’s inner circle – Yoovidhya and Max Verstappen were both conspicuously absent.

Verstappen excused himself with a supposed stomach bug, but his absence was noted, especially as tensions between driver and boss have grown.

On the track, Red Bull are in unfamiliar territory. After dominating the sport in recent years, they’ve slipped to fourth in the constructors’ standings.

Verstappen – winner of the last four titles – is only third in the Drivers’ Championship, behind the McLarens of Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri.

Even more troubling for Red Bull is that Verstappen has an exit clause that allows him to leave if he isn’t in the top three by the end of July.

Throughout it all, Verstappen’s loyalty has remained with Marko, the man who discovered and backed him as a teenager.

When Marko threatened to quit during a power struggle between himself and Horner in early 2024, Verstappen made his stance clear. From then onwards, Horner’s position at the team was precarious.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…