Prince Harry ‘warned’ against changing his last name to Spencer by Princess Diana’s brother!!!

It would have affected his kids Archie and Lilibet directly

Prince Harry consulted the brother of his late mother Princess Diana over changing his last name to Spencer, it has been reported.

According to the Mail on Sunday, the Duke of Sussex sought advice from Charles Spencer over whether he should take the surname of the maternal side of his family during a trip to the UK.

However, it also claimed Prince Harry‘s uncle advised against such a move due to the obstacles that could be encountered.
Prince Harry looks seriousDid Prince Harry wish to change his royal name? (Credit: Splashnews.com)

What is Prince Harry’s official last name?

Prince Harry’s official last name is Mountbatten-Windsor.

His full name is Henry Charles Albert David. But of course, we know him as Harry.

Did Prince Harry change his surname?

The newspaper claims Prince Harry “actively explored” ways in which he may make use of Princess Diana’s maiden name.

Additionally, it is implied Mountbatten-Windsor – the surname available to descendants of the late Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, and used by Prince Harry’s children – would be dropped.

However, according to the report, Prince Harry was told the resulting legal hurdles would be “insurmountable”.

Spencer advised him against taking such a step.

“They had a very amicable conversation and Spencer advised him against taking such a step,” an unnamed friend of Prince Harry is quoted as saying.
Charles Spencer looks at the cameraCharles Spencer is the brother of the late Princess Diana (Credit: Splashnews.com)

Prince Harry royal name ‘rift’

Nonetheless, the newspaper considers the claim to be a proposal that would “dismay” Prince William and King Charles.

Furthermore, it is framed as a “vivid expression of the toxic rift with [Prince Harry’s] family”. That’s because, the Mail suggests, the king “cherishes the Mountbatten name just as his father did”.

The late Prince Philip adopted the Mountbatten name from his mentor, the 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma – murdered by the IRA in 1979 – when he became a British subject in 1947.

Royal Insider has contacted representatives for Prince Harry for comment on MailOnline’s claims.
Princess Diana brother points

Princess Diana’s brother is said to advised Prince Harry against the reported change (Credit: Splashnews.com)

Harry ‘delivered insult’ to King Charles over last name discussions

Meanwhile, one royal commentator has additionally claimed the Sussexes may not have “thought out” how changing names could impact their standing.

Speaking about the report on GB News yesterday (Sunday June 1), host Anne Diamond expressed her shock at the “insult” from Prince Harry.

It comes after Harry made a public plea during a BBC interview last month. He said said he’d love to have a “reconciliation” with his estranged family.

“I can’t think of a more hurtful insult that Harry could deliver to his father, can you?” she asked author Richard Fitzwilliams.

She went on: “To say, ‘I no longer want your name. I want my mother’s name.’ It’s like declaring a divorce, only worse.”

 

Mr Fitzwilliams responded by pondering whether other moves could be contemplated by the Sussexes.

He said: “The problem with the Sussexes is, clearly very little has been thought out. They are supposed to have advisers.”

Meanwhile, speaking to the Express, Mr Fitzwilliams shared his thoughts on what the king might think.

He said: “This news will be deeply hurtful to King Charles, especially as it would have been a very public renunciation of the royal family only a relatively short time after he (Charles) had become king.”

The royal commentator said the king may feel “appalled” by Harry’s “drastic step”. He also insisted this will only “widen the royal rift”.

Related Posts

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping thɑt the ɗeɑɗline will bring the relief they deserve.  WATCH NOW  SS

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping…

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as she broke down while begging for urgent change to SMA Type 1 testing. Her voice cracked. Her hands trembled. And then the room fell silent as Jesy sobbed: “I look at my children and think… why wasn’t this caught sooner?” Witnesses say even hardened officials struggled to keep composure as she spoke of fear-filled nights, unanswered questions, and the unbearable weight of watching parents learn devastating news too late. Wes Streeting was seen blinking back tears as Jesy pleaded: “Early testing saves lives. It saves families. No parent should ever, ever have to go through this pain.” The moment cut far deeper than politics — raw, unfiltered grief colliding with power, in a confrontation Britain wasn’t ready for. Support flooded in within minutes, with parents calling her words “heart-shattering” and campaigners saying this could be the speech that finally forces change. One thing is clear: this wasn’t a celebrity appearance. It was a mother’s cry — and it left scars on everyone who heard it. SS

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as…

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private life. SS

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private…

Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’  SS

Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’ Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’ TOWIE…

““EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP HOPING THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE…” Nicki Chapman’s heartbreaking confession has left fans in tears as she reveals the terrifying return of her brain tumor. “The pain is relentless, the nights are endless, and some days I don’t know how I keep going,” she admitted, voice breaking as she described the constant hospital visits and crippling headaches. “But I have to keep fighting — for my family, for every moment I still have.” Social media erupted with emotional support: “Nicki, your courage moves us all,” and “We’re holding you in our hearts, always.” Her raw, tearful story exposes the fragility of life while showcasing an unshakable determination to survive, inspiring thousands in the face of overwhelming odds. SS

““EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP HOPING THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE…” Nicki Chapman’s heartbreaking confession has left fans in tears as she reveals the terrifying return of…

“I’VE BEEN WORKING SINCE I WAS 15… I’VE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY. PLEASE LET ME BE A KID ONE LAST TIME.” Stephen — the quiet strategist who just made history on The Traitors — has left thousands in tears after confirming he has officially quit his job the moment filming ended. Not out of arrogance. Not laziness. But exhaustion. “I worked two jobs throughout university. I never allowed myself a single day to stop,” Stephen Libby admitted, his voice breaking. “This is the only chance I’ve ever had to breathe.” After a decade of grinding simply to survive, Stephen says winning The Traitors didn’t just give him prize money — it gave him time, something he’s never had before. For the “wee boy” from the Isle of Lewis, this victory isn’t about fame or fortune. It’s about rest. Healing. And finally allowing himself to be young — just once.  DD

“I’VE BEEN WORKING SINCE I WAS 15… I’VE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY. PLEASE LET ME BE A KID ONE LAST TIME.” Stephen — the quiet strategist who…