PAUL YOUNG’S “HURT” OVER GINO D’ACAMPO BURGLARY LAID BARE FOLLOWING DEATH OF HIS WIFE: “THERE WERE THINGS I NEVER GOT BACK”

The shamed TV chef stole Paul’s £4,000 guitar collection…

Paul Young revealed last year that he’s seen TV chef Gino D’Acampo since he was jailed over the burglary of his London home and “everything’s alright” between them.

Prior to gaining fame as a celebrity chef – and years before claims of inappropriate behaviour were levelled at the cook – Gino was embroiled in another scandal.

At the time, he was a struggling 21-year-old waiter and he ended up going to jail after burgling Paul’s home. He made off with items including the singer’s £4,00 guitar collection, recordings featuring 69-year-old Paul’s now late wife Stacey’s voice and a platinum record.

Paul – who appears on Paul Young at the BBC this weekend (January 10) – got most of the stuff back, and said he believes in forgiveness. So much so that, last year, he revealed that he’s even spoken to Gino D’Acampo since the burglary…


Singer Paul Young said he’s bumped into Gino D’Acampo over the years

Paul Young on speaking to Gino D’Acampo

Singer Paul revealed in March 2025 that he has spoken to Gino since the burglary happened, and that “everything’s alright” between them.

“Sometimes I’d go to ITV to be on Good Morning Britain or something like that and someone said: ‘Gino D’Acampo’s here.’ But then I think they move people around so that we conveniently don’t bump into each. But I have done a couple of times. I’d go: ‘Oh, hi. How are you?’ Everything’s alright. I absolutely agree [with forgiveness],” he told the Mirror at the time.

Asked about Gino’s inappropriate behaviour scandal – which saw him accused of dozens of allegations of sexually inappropriate, aggressive and intimidating behavior on TV sets spanning a decade – Paul was reluctant to wade in. But surprisingly, he wished the TV chef – who denies the allegations – well.

Paul said: “I’ve only commented on it [the break-in] once, and that was on The Jeremy Vine Show shortly after it happened. You know, I wish him well. I hope he comes out of this okay. We all make mistakes in our life and I got most of what was stolen, I got most of it back.”

‘Mixed feelings’

Gino D’Acampo, now 49, served two years in prison for the burglary before turning his life around.

Speaking about the break-in back in 2018, the singer told The Mirror how Stacey’s death from brain cancer in January that year had brought back memories of the incident in 1998.

When asked how he felt about Gino, Paul said: “It’s hard to say really. I’ve got mixed feelings about it. When Stacey went there were certain bits of music I never got back. Let’s say that – and that hurt me.”

Paul added: “I try to keep a light-hearted attitude on that. He gets enough stick on social media – he doesn’t need my help as well.”


Gino called the burglary a serious mistake

Gino D’Acampo’s apology to Paul Young following burglary

The TV chef has previously discussed the incident, calling it a “serious mistake”.

In a past interview with TV Times, Gino spoke about how his time behind bars led him to change his life around and pursue his culinary dreams.

Gino said: “I didn’t use my best judgement and made a serious mistake. It was a dreadful experience, but in life I’ve learned to make good come out of everything. I thought, this is not going to drag me down, this is going to make me a better man.”

Gino also told Daily Mail in 2011: “If my example can encourage just one person in a prison cell that he can be a better man because of what has happened to him, I’d be happy.”

He added to Northern Echo in 2015: “Everybody has done something in the past and life moves on. I’m a great believer in telling my children about turning my life around and I work a lot with younger teenagers when they are in trouble.”


Paul previously said Gino had contacted him to apologise
Paul, meanwhile, has publicly said he forgives Gino for the incident, saying the chef had been in touch to apologise.

He told the Evening Standard in 2011: “I don’t hold it against him. He said it was bad and he apologised, and I did get most of the stuff back. Maybe he needed his wrist slapping and he got that. He said he was in a terrible place at that time and wanted to turn his life around.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…