Meghan Markle ‘banned’ from royal meeting over ‘smarter than Harry’ fears!

When a crucial meeting was called to decide Prince Harry and Meghan’s future, the Duchess was left out of proceedings over fears that she was ‘smarter’ and would be harder to railroad, a new documentary has claimed

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex speak on stage at the "Friends @ Home Event" at the Station Airport during day three of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 on September 12, 2023 in Duesseldorf, Germany. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images for the Invictus Games Foundation)
The real reason Meghan wasn’t invited to the Sandringham Summit exposed by experts(Image: Getty Images for the Invictus Games Foundation)

After Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex made the shock announcement five years ago that they intended to step back as full-time working royals, the rest of the House of Windsor was left scrambling. Whilst Meghan and Harry had always seemed confident and at ease during their official engagements, and been firm favourites amongst royal fans, behind closed doors things were not working for their young family – and they decided something had to change.

The late Queen Elizabeth called a meeting at her private Norfolk estate, Sandringham, to discuss the next steps, and finalise what Harry and Meghan’s future would look like, and what, if any, ongoing formal ties there would be between them and the monarchy.

The former monarch brought her private secretary, and invited Charles and Prince William – both at the time future Kings – to the meeting, which was dubbed the ‘Sandringham Summit’.

A new documentary on Channel Five – Megxit: Inside the Sandringham Summit – has seen royal experts come together to explain what really happened at the behind-closed-doors sit down with the senior royals, and it includes some shocking claims.

Meghan was not in attendance at the Sandringham Summit, having returned to Canada – where the Sussex family had been staying for some time – to be with Archie, who was then just a baby.

She had hoped to dial into the meeting remotely, but this was quickly dashed, so Harry had to go it alone and argue his case to his family – and the institution of the monarchy itself – solo.

However, one royal expert in the documentary has made the shocking claim that “the real reason” why Meghan was not allowed to join the meeting was because she was “smarter” than her husband.

Journalist and expert Emily Andrews claimed, “They all knew that Meghan was probably smarter, brighter, had a more linear view of where she and Harry were going and what they wanted and they probably thought they would get a better outcome with just Harry.”

The Duchess of Sussex has made it clear that she didn’t think it was particularly fair that she wasn’t allowed to join the summit that would have such a personal impact on her, saying in the couple’s self-titled Netflix documentary: “Imagine a conversation, a roundtable discussion, about the future of your life, when the stakes are this high, and you as the mom, the wife, and the target in many regards aren’t invited to have a seat at the table.”

Expert Charlotte Griffiths said in the new documentary for Channel 5, “I have to say, on that, I sort of agree with her,” and another royal expert – Jack Royston – echoed these sentiments.

“I have a lot of sympathy for Meghan,” the expert said, “watching from afar as this all played out basically having no voice in the room”.

However, one royal expert – Richard Kay – claimed in the documentary that the rest of the senior royals and their aides, “would have no way of knowing who else would have been in the room with Meghan, would there have been someone making notes? They simply couldn’t allow that.”

Related Posts

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping thɑt the ɗeɑɗline will bring the relief they deserve.  WATCH NOW  SS

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping…

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as she broke down while begging for urgent change to SMA Type 1 testing. Her voice cracked. Her hands trembled. And then the room fell silent as Jesy sobbed: “I look at my children and think… why wasn’t this caught sooner?” Witnesses say even hardened officials struggled to keep composure as she spoke of fear-filled nights, unanswered questions, and the unbearable weight of watching parents learn devastating news too late. Wes Streeting was seen blinking back tears as Jesy pleaded: “Early testing saves lives. It saves families. No parent should ever, ever have to go through this pain.” The moment cut far deeper than politics — raw, unfiltered grief colliding with power, in a confrontation Britain wasn’t ready for. Support flooded in within minutes, with parents calling her words “heart-shattering” and campaigners saying this could be the speech that finally forces change. One thing is clear: this wasn’t a celebrity appearance. It was a mother’s cry — and it left scars on everyone who heard it. SS

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as…

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private life. SS

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private…

Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’  SS

Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’ Pete Wicks Lands Huge TV Role — Branded ‘Worthy Successor to Paul O’Grady’ TOWIE…

““EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP HOPING THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE…” Nicki Chapman’s heartbreaking confession has left fans in tears as she reveals the terrifying return of her brain tumor. “The pain is relentless, the nights are endless, and some days I don’t know how I keep going,” she admitted, voice breaking as she described the constant hospital visits and crippling headaches. “But I have to keep fighting — for my family, for every moment I still have.” Social media erupted with emotional support: “Nicki, your courage moves us all,” and “We’re holding you in our hearts, always.” Her raw, tearful story exposes the fragility of life while showcasing an unshakable determination to survive, inspiring thousands in the face of overwhelming odds. SS

““EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP HOPING THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE…” Nicki Chapman’s heartbreaking confession has left fans in tears as she reveals the terrifying return of…

“I’VE BEEN WORKING SINCE I WAS 15… I’VE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY. PLEASE LET ME BE A KID ONE LAST TIME.” Stephen — the quiet strategist who just made history on The Traitors — has left thousands in tears after confirming he has officially quit his job the moment filming ended. Not out of arrogance. Not laziness. But exhaustion. “I worked two jobs throughout university. I never allowed myself a single day to stop,” Stephen Libby admitted, his voice breaking. “This is the only chance I’ve ever had to breathe.” After a decade of grinding simply to survive, Stephen says winning The Traitors didn’t just give him prize money — it gave him time, something he’s never had before. For the “wee boy” from the Isle of Lewis, this victory isn’t about fame or fortune. It’s about rest. Healing. And finally allowing himself to be young — just once.  DD

“I’VE BEEN WORKING SINCE I WAS 15… I’VE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY. PLEASE LET ME BE A KID ONE LAST TIME.” Stephen — the quiet strategist who…