Kate Middleton misses huge Wimbledon moment despite ‘pleading’ to attend!

While the Princess of Wales has long been an avid lover of the annual tennis tournament, there was one year she wasn’t allowed to attend after being ‘banned’ from making an appearance in the royal box


During the epic Wimbledon showdown of 2013, avid tennis fan Princess Kate was ‘banned’ from sitting courtside for the historic match (Image: Offside via Getty Images)

Princess Kate has long been an avid lover and supporter of Wimbledon, attending the annual tennis tournament numerous times over the years. While many royal spectators are hoping to catch a glimpse of the Princess of Wales this weekend for the finals, there have been a handful of times Kate has missed out on the action at SW19.

While Kate managed to make it to Wimbledon last year for the men’s final despite still being in recovery from her cancer treatment, there was one year that she was stopped from attending the tournament, despite her pleas to watch on from the royal box.

In 2013, Kate was forced to miss out on attending Wimbledon due to being heavily pregnant with Prince George (Image: PA)

During the tournament in 2013, the Princess was desperate to make it to the men’s singles final that saw Sir Andy Murray gunning to become the first British man to win the Grand Slam since Fred Perry in 1936, as he claimed the win in a stunning showdown against Novak Djokovic.

Kate was very eager to watch the match from courtside at Wimbledon, but as she was heavily pregnant with Prince George at the time, was advised not to attend and to watch the match from home instead.

Recalling the year she was forced to sit out of the action for the BBC documentary Our Wimbledon, Kate told sports host Sue Barker: “I was very heavily pregnant with George so I wasn’t able to turn up.” Sue replied: “But you had a great excuse!” to which Kate said: “I know but even still.”


Kate’s doctors advised her not to sit courtside for the match, and to instead take part in the action from home(Image: Dave Shopland/REX/Shutterstock)

“I was sort of ‘Maybe I could go’ but the doctors were like ‘no.’ I wrote to [Andy Murray] afterwards saying sorry for not being there, but huge congratulations.”

Kate gave birth to Prince George on July 22nd 2013 – just two weeks after the epic Wimbledon showdown.

Luckily for Kate, Andy Murray made the finals again three years later in 2016, and was able to attend in person, alongside Prince William, to see him lift the trophy after another winning performance.

Meeting Murray after his match, Kate said: “Many congratulations; it was a great game.” While William said: “So pleased for you, well done”, and Kate added: “You can relax with your family now.”


The Princess missed out on Andy Murray’s historic win, but managed to see him emerge victorious during the 2016 Wimbledon showdown(Image: PA Archive)

Andy Murray retired from professional tennis in 2024, as Kate sent the Scottish champion a message of support after he missed out on a final match at Wimbledon before his retirement.

Murray was due to play mixed doubles with Emma Raducanu last Saturday evening but the former US Open champion pulled out of the clash earlier in the day, citing stiffness in her right wrist.

In a personally-signed message on social media, Kate wrote: “An incredible #Wimbledon career comes to an end. You should be so very proud @andy_murray. On behalf of all of us, thank you! C.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…