John Torode to take legal action against BBC after MasterChef sacking!

John Torode is preparing to take legal action against the BBC after he was sacked from MasterChef, sources have revealed to us. He was sacked from the show after an allegation against him using of him using “an extremely offensive racist term”

John Torode is preparing to take legal action against the BBC after he was sacked from MasterChef. He was ditched from the cooking show after an allegation against him using “an extremely offensive racist term” was upheld.

John said he had “no recollection” of it happening – and in a statement told how he’d only found out his contract had been terminated after the Beeb and producers Banijay put out the news. Now sources close to the star say he’s speaking to employment lawyers as he fights to “clear his name.”

“John is preparing to launch the lawsuit against the BBC,” tells the insider. “He wants to pursue them for unfair dismissal. He’s telling people there is no proof of his supposed comment. It was not in a work capacity, it was just hearsay. John is determined to clear his name.”

Torode, 59, followed his MasterChef co-host Gregg Wallace out of the door at the BBC for allegedly using racist language.


Torode said he had no recollection of using the “extremely offensive racist term”(Image: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

The Australian star continues to insist he had no knowledge of the “offensive” comment he was accused of making, despite lawyers Lewis Silkin upholding the complaint, said to be from 2018 in their independent investigation into the series.

It came after the firm upheld 45 out of 83 claims against Wallace, 60, including “unwanted physical contact”, “being in a state of undress”, bullying and inappropriate jokes.

Torode himself revealed he was the subject on an allegation, saying: “I do not believe that it happened.” The source said the move took the Beeb by surprise.

“John is a tough talking Aussie and does not stand to ceremony. The BBC were not expecting John Torode to jump the gun about the comment and make a statement.”

MasterChef production company Banijay UK said it had discussed the matter with Torode and with the BBC and that they “are agreed that we will not renew his contract on MasterChef “.


Torode and Wallace hosted MasterChef together(Image: SOPA Images, SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)

But in a statement released on Tuesday night, Torode said: “Although I haven’t heard from anyone at the BBC or Banijay, I am seeing and reading I’ve been ‘sacked’ from MasterChef. I repeat that I have no recollection of what I’m accused of. The enquiry could not even state the date or year of when I am meant to have said something wrong.”

He said Celebrity MasterChef, which he recently filmed with food critic Grace Dent, along with two Christmas specials, would be his last. “Personally, I have loved every minute working on MasterChef, but it’s time to pass the cutlery to someone else.”

Speaking to BBC News on Tuesday afternoon, BBC Director General Davie described the allegation against Torode as “a serious racist term which does not get to be acceptable in any way shape or form. It’s really important we are taking this seriously,” he said. “We’ve drawn a line in the sand.”

It comes as the Mirror can reveal ITV are set to stand by John Torode and give his TV career a lifeline. Multiple sources at the channel said there were “no current changes to scheduling” for the weekend. This means the third episode of John and Lisa’s Weekend Kitchen will go out at 11.40am on Saturday. He hosts the show with wife Lisa Faulkner and it is the 10th anniversary series on air.

One ITV source said: “I think we will keep going with the show. We don’t know the details of the BBC issue and have never had any trouble with him ourselves. We obviously have our own complaints handling procedure and a code of conduct for talent at ITV. There have been no issues raised with John so the series is set to continue to air.”


Torode, 59, followed his MasterChef co-host Gregg Wallace out of the door at the BBC(Image: Getty)

Another source said the developments have been “hard for Lisa”, who is “conscious of their ITV show and doesn’t want to jeopardise that.” Torode’s dismissal comes as the BBC confirmed that several members of staff have been sacked following a recent review into the corporation’s culture.

Samir Shah, chairman of the BBC, acknowledged that some powerful individuals still make life “unbearable” for their colleagues.

Speaking as the corporation released its annual report on Tuesday, he acknowledged that over the past year there had been a “string of revelations” about abuses of power at the corporation. Our staff are dedicated, hardworking and treat each other with respect,” he said. “However, there are pockets in the organisation where this is not the case. There are still places where powerful individuals – on and off-screen – can abuse that power to make life for their colleagues unbearable.”


John Torode has been dropped from MasterChef(Image: BBC)

Director-general Tim Davie insisted he can lead the BBC in the “right way” after the series of scandals. The corporation has been criticised for recent failings, which include breaching its own editorial guidelines and allegations surrounding the former MasterChef presenters Gregg Wallace and John Torode.

Asked after the release of the 2024/2025 annual report whether he would resign, he said: “I simply think I’m in a place where I can work to improve dramatically the BBC and lead it in the right way.

“There’s enormous, massive noise and different opinions about what we should do, but I think we have been clear. We are making the right decisions. We’re being transparent. I would also say that… I’ve set a very clear stall out in terms of impartiality.”

Question marks now hang over the full recording of BBC1 ’s amateur version of MasterChef, put on ice over the probe into Wallace, and the 20th celebrity series, with 20 faces yet to be named, plus judge Grace Dent.

But Davie insisted the show would survive. “It’s a great programme, well loved by audiences. It is bigger than individuals. It can survive and prosper, but we’ve got to make sure we’re in the right place in terms of the culture of the show.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…