Heartbreaking reason Princess Diana ‘willingly gave up’ William and Harry for sake of royal family!

Paul Burrell has shared details on Diana’s summers with her boys

Princess Diana “willingly gave up” sons Prince William and Prince Harry over the summer, according to one of her closest friends.

Every summer, members of the royal family spend time on their Balmoral estate in Scotland. It’s a tradition going back many years.

Back in the 90s, after Diana split from then Prince Charles, the pair were co-parenting their sons William and Harry.

And this meant that the young princes spent time away from their mother during breaks from school.

Diana would “willingly give up” William and Harry for most of the summer, according to Paul Burrell (Credit: SplashNews.com)

Why Princess Diana ‘willingly gave up’ William and Harry during summers

Paul Burrell, Diana‘s butler and friend for many years, explained that Diana only had her boys for two weeks over the summer each year.

Speaking to Marie Claire on behalf of Casino.org, Paul explained that Diana “gave them up” for much of the summer. The reason? Paul said: “She said it’s important for them to grow up with her cousins, with the royal family at Balmoral.”

He added: “Summer was fun for her, but she realised that the rest of the year and the time away from boarding school, that they would be with their father and their friends.

She said it’s important for them to grow up with her cousins, with the royal family at Balmoral.

“She realised that they were growing up and they had to be integrated into the royal family because William one day will be king and Harry will be there to support him. She willingly gave them up, she missed them.”

Diana enjoyed some time with her sons on holiday in the summer of 1997, weeks before her death (Credit: Photo by Mike Forster/Daily Mail/Shutterstock)

Diana’s last summer with her sons

Princess Diana spent her final summer with her beloved sons in 1997.

The family enjoyed time in the South of France, and they soaked up the sun whilst enjoying fun activities like jet-skiing.

Paul said Diana and her boys “had fun” and then she brought them “back home so they could go to Balmoral”.

Tragically, just weeks later, William and Harry were told the heartbreaking news that their mother had died. They were at Balmoral Castle with their father, Charles, and grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.

William and Harry were at Balmoral when their mother, Diana, died (Credit: Photo by James Gray/Shutterstock)

Did William and Harry talk to Diana before she died?

In 2017, William and Harry opened up about their last phone conversation with their mum before her death.

Prince Harry, who was 12 when Diana died, made a heartbreaking admission during an ITV documentary to mark 20 years of Diana’s death.

He said of the phone call: “It was her speaking from Paris, I can’t really necessarily remember what I said but all I do remember is probably regretting for the rest of my life how short the phone call was.”

The brothers had been enjoying time with their cousins at Balmoral when Diana called them.

William, who was 15 at the time, said: “Harry and I were in a desperate rush to say goodbye, you know ‘see you later’… if I’d known now obviously what was going to happen, I wouldn’t have been so blasé about it and everything else.”

Diana died in the early hours of August 31, 1997, following a car accident in Paris. She was 36.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…