Complaints Pour In as Boyzone Star Shane Lynch’s Performance on Ronan Keating’s New Year’s Eve Show Sparks Backlash

Complaints Pour In as Boyzone Star Shane Lynch’s Performance on Ronan Keating’s New Year’s Eve Show Sparks Backlash

Ronan Keating hosted a mini Boyzone reunion during his New Year’s Eve Party last night (December 31), but not everyone was overjoyed to see the band back together.

Last night, the Boyzone frontman was joined by a host of stars, including I’m A Celebrity’s Shona McGarty, Louise Redknapp and band members Shane Lynch and Keith Duffy.

The show saw Ronan backed by a live band, as he performed some of his biggest hits to a studio audience. The pre-recorded special also saw Ronan – who was actually in Verbier, Switzerland for New Year’s Eve with wife Storm – pay tribute to his late bandmate Stephen Gately.

However, as Ronan led the charge into 2026, viewers were mystified by Boyzone star Shane’s appearance on the BBC special…
Ronan Keating was on  TV with his New Year’s Eve Party last night (Credit: BBC)

Shane Lynch sparks backlash as he reunites with Boyzone pal Ronan Keating

During the show, Boyzone hunk Ronan brought out bandmates Shane Lynch and Keith Duffy for a performance of two of the band’s songs – Love Me For A Reason and Picture of You.

The songs were originally sung by Ronan and Stephen Gately, with the rest of the band on backing vocals. However, with Stephen sadly gone and fifth bandmate Mikey Graham also absent, it came to Keith to duet with Ronan.

Shane, meanwhile, stayed on backing vocals – something that caused many at home to comment that Shane was “stealing a living” with his appearance on the show.
Shane Lynch and Keith Duffy joined Ronan on stage, with Mikey Graham missed by fans (Credit: BBC)
“Shane Lynch is milking it up on that stage,” said one. “Somebody phone the police: Shane Lynch is stealing a fee for this,” said a second. A third also commented and said: “Can Shane actually sing?” Was it worth Shane turning up?” another asked.

Another added: “Shane doesn’t really pull his weight in Boyzone. Anyone can be a quiet mumbling backing singer.” “Did anyone see the shoddy lip syncing from Shane Lynch?” another asked. “Shane Lynch looks like he’s died and been resurrected for tonight’s show with Ronan Keating & Friends,” another commented.

“Looks like he’s not got a clue what’s going on,” another added.

Meanwhile, others asked where Mikey Graham was.

A post shared by Mikey Graham (@mrmikeygraham)

Mikey ‘had to get away from toxic environment’

Last year’s Sky documentary No Matter What shed light on his fractured relationship with his bandmates. Mikey explained how things came to a head during the group’s 2019 farewell tour.

Keith admitted: “There were things that happened that were cruel. I’m not going to express any more than that.” Mikey, however, did, and shared: “I just wanted to get out of there, get away from that toxic environment.”
Holiday Recipe Book

After wrapping the tour with five nights at the London Palladium, Mikey became estranged from his bandmates. So much so that his parts of the documentary were filmed separately to Ronan and the rest of the boys.

However, he explained in the three-parter that he harbours no ill feeling towards his Boyzone band members. And, as a result, will reunite with them on stage for the first time since those 2019 gigs later this year.

The four-piece will perform two final shows together at London’s Emirates Stadium in June. Tickets are on sale now.

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…