Helen Skelton addresses her ‘natural chemistry’ with Gethin Jones: ‘I feel very lucky’

The games will next be held in Birmingham in 2027

Prince Harry had reason to celebrate this week following a report about the Invictus Games 2025.

The games, launched by Harry in 2014, took place in Canada earlier this year. And, judging by the report, they were a resounding success!

The news comes after Harry and his wife Meghan Markle faced backlash recently. It came from a video Meghan posted showing herself and Harry dancing and twerking in a hospital video four years ago, when their daughter Lilibet was born.
Prince Harry pulling a faceThe Invictus Games 2025 appeared a success (Credit: CoverImages.com)

Prince Harry has cause to celebrate with the Invictus Games 2025 report

On Monday (June 9), a report about the Invictus Games in Canada was published.

The games became a financial success in Canada, according to the reports, bringing in $86.1 million (£63m) in economic activity in British Columbia. $81.3 million (£60m) of which was in the Vancouver area.

The report also claims that a total of 125,000 spectators attended the games. Over 900,000 Canadians watched the games on TV.

The report also announced that the games have received a $5.5 million (£3.7m) legacy fund for the ongoing rehabiliation of the injured, sick, and wounded members and Veterans before, during and after the Games managed by the True Patriot Love Foundation in Canada and the Invictus Games Foundation internationally.

Scott Moore, Vancouver Whistler 2025 CEO said: “Our Games not only changed lives, they saved them and their legacy is an enduring and meaningful contribution through programs and resources now and for years to come supporting the host communities and those injured through their military service.”
Prince Harry giving the thumbs up Harry issued thanks in a statement (Credit: CoverImages.com)

Prince Harry’s statement on the Invictus Games report

The report also featured a quote from Prince Harry, who took the opportunity to thank all those involved.

“I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone involved in making these extraordinary Games possible, most of all the Four Host First Nations who welcomed us into their land,” he said.

“To the tens of thousands who packed the stands, I thank you for creating an unforgettable atmosphere for our competitors and their families. To everyone who gave it their all for their country and the Invictus Games, thank you and I salute you,” he continued.

“From start to finish, there was a special kind of hospitality and energy about these Games and Canada absolutely delivered once again.”
Prince Harry giving a speechHarry launched the games 11 years ago (Credit: CoverImages.com)

Did Prince Harry really create the Invictus Games?

Yes, he did. The duke first got the idea for the games during a trip to the US in 2013. Whilst out there, he watched the Department of Defense’s Warrior Games.

“Sport was the magic that I witnessed,” he once said, recounting his visit. “Having just come back from Afghanistan myself, seeing the wounded, injured and sick and seeing the effect this was having on all the families, and just the weight—the load on defense and on the individuals and on the rehabilitation programs. There just wasn’t enough being done.”

Upon returning to the UK, Harry decided that he wanted to expand the Warrior Games model. He admitted it was “stolen from the Americans and made bigger and better”.

The first Invictus Games were first held in September 2014 in London. They’ve since been hosted in Orlando, Toronto, Sydney, The Hague, Dusseldorf, and Vancouver. The 2027 edition will be held in Birmingham in the UK.

Read more: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry slammed for ‘decision’ over their children Archie and Lilibet’s royal futures

Related Posts

Cat Deeley has finally revealed why she decided to divorce her husband Patrick: “You have no idea what I’ve endured over the past 10 years.”

Cat Deeley Finally Opens Up About Her Divorce from Husband Patrick Cat Deeley, the beloved television presenter and model, has recently shared the emotional reasons behind her…

Police say they’ll move “as quickly as possible” after new, troubling details surfaced about the L3168 Gibstown crash that shattered the community 😢👇💔

The five young people who died in a two-vehicle car crash in Ireland have been named by police. The fatal collision happened on the L3168 at Gibstown,…

HEARTBREAKING: Martin & Shirlie Kemp BREAK SILENCE With Emotional Announcement About Daughter Harley Moon.k

Martin and Shirlie Kemp delight fans with adorable birthday tribute to rarely-seen daughter ‘Beauty doesn’t fall far from the tree’ Martin and Shirlie Kemp have issued a…

Joanna Lumley UNDER FIRE “Our Small Nation CANN0T Feed Millions!!” — Fans SH0CKED as National Treasure Faces Backlash Over Migration Remarks!

For half a century, Dame Joanna Lumley has been one of Britain’s most cherished figures — a woman synonymous with elegance, compassion, and the kind of quiet strength that…

GB News host Pɑtrick Christys hɑs detonɑted ɑ politicɑl firestorm ɑfter declɑring it’s now “when, not if” the Prime Minister is finɑlly pushed out ɑs Lɑbour leɑder. His blunt prediction hɑs sent Westminster into meltdown ɑnd triggered ɑ frenzy of speculɑtion ɑbout how close the end reɑlly is. The rumblings ɑre growing louder — ɑnd the pressure is unmistɑkɑble.

GB News airs humiliating 𝘒𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 blow as PM set to be replaced: ‘When, not if’ GB News host Patrick Christys said it is now “when, not if”…

BRITONS TAKE ACTION! New Frɑnce Footɑge Spɑrks Migrɑtion Firestorm ɑcross the Chɑnnel When ministers won’t ɑct, the public steps in — ɑnd the drɑmɑtic new clips ɑre igniting ɑ nɑtionwide debɑte overnight.

British vigilantes slash small migrant boats on French coastline Britons have been filming themselves travelling to beaches in France and ‘destroying’ small boats – gaining thousands of…