David Beckham, JJ Lin & Peter Lim gather in S’pore

image

British footballer David Beckham, Singaporean singer JJ Lin, and Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim were seen gathering in Singapore.

According to an Instagram post published by Lin on Nov. 9, the billionaire’s son and Thomson Medical Group’s executive vice chairman, Kiat Lim, and Beckham’s business partner, David Gardner, were present at the gathering too.

Notably, Beckham and Peter Lim are both shareholders of English football club Salford City, with the former purchasing a 10 per cent stake from the latter in 2019, reported The Guardian.

Beckham in S’pore for MBS event

Beckham was in town to attend a global press event held by Marina Bay Sands (MBS) at Sands Theatre on Nov. 7, according to the integrated resort.

During his visit, Beckham, who is a Sands Global Ambassador, also toured around a dining area for MBS staff, prompting many of them to take photos and videos of him.

Additionally, Beckham also visited Japanese restaurant Wakuda Singapore and took photos with international celebrities, such as Thailand’s Metawin Opas-iamkajorn.

Screenshot via David Beckham/Instagram

Screenshot via David Beckham/Instagram

Earlier in June 2022, Beckham made an appearance at a closed-door event at the Adidas Singapore Brand Centre Orchard.

While Adidas said at the time that there would be no public meet-and-greet, many fans still decided to turn up at the venue in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the football star.

MBS press event

During the Nov. 7 event, Beckham, along with Sands’ senior leadership, announced MBS’ completion of its Paiza Collection across all three hotel towers.

The Paiza Collection is part of MBS’ US$1.75 billion (S$2.3 billion) reinvestment programme the resort announced in 2022.

Rooms and suites under the collection are “typically reserved for valued guests and members” of MBS and will be served by “Singapore’s largest butler team” of 160, reported The Straits Times.

According to MBS, approximately 1,540 new rooms, including 635 suites, had been completed as of Nov. 7.

Upon full completion, there will be around 1,850 rooms, including 775 suites, at the hotel, up from its original number of 180 suites.

MBS also announced at the event that it would be launching “a new brand vision and campaign” that aims to elevate “its status as an iconic, world-class destination”.

Top images via JJ Lin/Instagram

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…