Prince Harry’s ‘intimate’ revelations in Spare and Oprah interview may be used against him

Prince Harry’s court case against Associated Newspapers could lead to a sticky situation for the former working royal.

Some of Prince Harry’s “most intimate and private” revelations, divulged in his memoir Spare and his and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, could be used against him in court, The Telegraph has reported.

The Duke of Sussex and a number of other celebrities, including Sadie Frost, Sir Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley and Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon, have brought a legal case against Associated Newspapers, the publishers of the Daily Mail.

They have accused the publisher of hiring private investigators to place listening devices inside cars, accessing private records and recording private phonecalls.

The publisher’s written defence was released on Wednesday, with Andrew Caldecott KC and Adrian Beltrami KC claiming that Harry’s case was “without foundation and is an affront to the hard-working professional journalists whose reputations and integrity, as well as that of Associated itself, are wrongly traduced”.

They stated that during the relevant time period the Duke “provided the media with private information about himself”, adding: “The claimant also revealed the most intimate and private matters about himself (as well as his wife and his wider family) in his autobiography, Spare, published in 2023 and, similarly, in interviews given to Tom Bradby and Oprah Winfrey in October 2019, March 2021 and January 2023.

Prince Harry Attends High Court Hearing

Prince Harry is being accused of revealing intimate information (Image: Getty)

“Associated reserves the right to refer to further such examples following disclosure.”

Associated Newspapers have also argued that Harry has brought this case “opportunistically” following his previous legal claims against Mirror Group Newspapers and News Group Newspapers.

Earlier this year the Duke settled the remaining parts of his case against Mirror Group (MGN), in which he accused them of hacking his phone and “blagging” – gaining information by deception, as well as using private investigators.

Harry’s barrister David Sherborne said MGN will pay Harry “a substantial additional sum by way of damages”, and all of his legal costs.

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…