King Charles’s excellent response as Maya Jama breaks royal protocol with one bold move

King Charles was asked by Love Island star Maya Jama whether he had seen the show due to restart filming later this year.

King Charles offered an excellent response after the Love Island host Maya James broke royal protocol by touching the King at a Princes’ Trust event.

Attending the Sovereight’s Creative Industries Garden Party at Buckingham Palace today, Ms Jama, 29, apologised to the monarch, 75, at a Princes Trust event.

Ms Jama said: “Nice to meet you. Well, I’ve actually met you before, a long time ago. About something with the Princes’ Trust and I touched you. I wasn’t supposed to. This time I won’t.”

In response, the King responded jovially, he said laughing: “Don’t worry about it.”

King Charles and Maya Jama

Maya Jama apologised to the King for touching him at an event years ago (Image: Getty)

King Charles and Maya Jama

King Charles and Maya Jama discussed whether he had seen Love Island (Image: Getty)

As well as discussing past meetings, the pair also spoke about whether King Charles had seen the dating show Love Island and what it entailed.

The King asked what Ms Jama did. She replied: “I host Love Island. I don’t know if you watch that though. That’s like a reality dating show. That’s what I do.”

In response, the King commented: “There’s one born every minute” to which Ms Jama said: “There is yeah.”

The reason why Ms Jama and a host of other celebrities were in attendance at Buckingham Palace for the Creative Industries Garden Party celebrating the creative talent of the UK.

The King And The Queen Attend A Service Of Dedication For The Order Of The British Empire

King Charles returned to public engagements just a few weeks ago on April 30 (Image: Getty)

Also in attendance was Napoleon and Gladiator director Sir Ridley Scott alongside documentary filmmaker Louis Theroux.

King Charles attended the event with Queen Camilla as part of a series of public events the monarch has attended since he started receiving treatment for cancer earlier this year.

Earlier this week, he attended an unveiling of a portrait of himself by artist Jonathan Yeo and has been seen attending services at St Paul’s Cathedral.

This morning, King Charles and Queen Camilla attended a Service of Dedication for the Order of the British Empire where both were seen wearing silk robes.

It has been claimed that the Queen is worried the King is “doing too much” as he undergoes treatment for an unnamed form of cancer.

Speaking to The Daily Beast, a friend of Camilla claimed: “She has been trying to encourage him to slow down.

“Of course, he wants to keep cracking on, but she is afraid that doing too much could set him back.”

Related Posts

SHOCK: Martin Kemp I’m A Celebrity Vanishes From Live TV Line-Up At The Last Second — Shock Reason Behind His Disappearance Revealed

SHOCK: Martin Kemp I’m A Celebrity Vanishes From Live TV Line-Up At The Last Second — Shock Reason Behind His Disappearance Revealed Martin Kemp is rumoured for…

Good Morning Britain Chaos As Kate Garraway’s Secret Whisper Caught Live — Viewers Can’t Believe What They Heard

Good Morning Britain Chaos As Kate Garraway’s Secret Whisper Caught Live — Viewers Can’t Believe What They Heard   Kate Garraway was caught whispering to her co-star on…

BREAKING NEWS: BBC ‘ready to crown’ new Strictly hosts as two huge names emerge — fans are already divided

BREAKING NEWS: BBC ‘ready to crown’ new Strictly hosts as two huge names emerge — fans are already divided This could be an interesting duo TV presenters…

SAD NEWS: Deal or No Deal viewers heartbroken after contestant’s partner d!es following successful win: “How very tragic”

SAD NEWS: Deal or No Deal viewers heartbroken after contestant’s partner d!es following successful win: “How very tragic” What a rollercoaster episode! Deal or No Deal returned…

“After Five Years of Silence, Line of Duty Is Finally Coming Back — BBC Prepares Major Comeback Reveal!”

“After Five Years of Silence, Line of Duty Is Finally Coming Back — BBC Prepares Major Comeback Reveal!” Line Of Duty will return for a seventh series….

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” — New Deal or No Deal Series FLOODED with Complaints Over Stephen Mulhern’s ‘Annoying’ Behaviour as Furious Viewers Beg ITV to ‘Change the Whole Format’ Before It’s Too Late!k

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” — New Deal or No Deal Series FLOODED with Complaints Over Stephen Mulhern’s ‘Annoying’ Behaviour as Furious Viewers Beg ITV to ‘Change the Whole…