This Morning sparks fan fury as stars ignore shock Gino D’Acampo allegations

Gino D’Acampo has been accused of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ dating back over a decade, and his This Morning co-stars stayed silent after the chef strongly denied the claims

Dermot O’Leary and Rochelle Humes have failed to speak out after their co-star Gino D’Acampo was accused of sexual misconduct by “dozens” of people.

The This Morning duo chose not to address the ITV investigation currently underway about the claims, which accuse the celebrity chef of inappropriate behaviour dating back over 12 years. Gino’s actions have been described as “unacceptable”, “distressing” and “horrendous”, with complainants claiming they were scared of repercussions if they spoke out at the time.

While Gino has “firmly denied” the allegations, Rochelle and Dermot stayed silent about the claims made against him while on This Morning today.

Dermot O'Leary hosted alongside Rochelle Humes during today's episode of This Morning
Dermot O’Leary hosted alongside Rochelle Humes during today’s episode of This Morning 
Image:
ITV)
Fans took to X, formerly known as Twitter to address the silence from the stars, as one penned: “They aren’t gonna talk about Gino..” while a second questioned: “Are you lot really surprised they didn’t talk about Gino?”

A third commented: “It’s funny how they are avoiding to talk about Gino,” as another questioned: “So no talking about Gino then?”

Gino himself has publicly addressed the claims made against them, releasing a statement refuting the “deeply upsetting” allegations. The Italian star said: “I have been told by ITN news that allegations have been made about me acting inappropriately, some dating back over ten years ago.

“I have never been made aware of these matters previously and the allegations are firmly denied. I would not do anything that I thought would upset or distress anyone. This is simply not in my nature. I do not recognise the version of events being put to me.”

Gino
There was no mention of Gino on Friday’s This Morning 
Image:
ITV)
Gino added: “Not only have these allegations never been raised with me before, I have been repeatedly supported by executives at the highest level and was commissioned on prime-time programmes during the period in which it is now suggested I was acting inappropriately.

“I am a father, husband and have worked with well over 1,500 people on around 80 productions in my career, which I have been so proud of. I take such matters extremely seriously and the suggestion that I have acted in an improper way against is deeply upsetting.”

Many production companies who’ve worked with Gino or received claims against him have also addressed the ongoing process into the allegations, with ITV itself sharing a long statement detailing the situation.

Alongside outlining their safeguarding process, ITV made it clear that they were “following up” on allegations. In part, they wrote: “We have also reiterated our expectations of our on screen presenters’ behaviour through our Conduct and Standards Guidelines for On Screen Personalities issued in 2024. All of the concerns and complaints raised by those who have spoken to ITN describe behaviour which is inappropriate and unacceptable. Most of them were not reported to ITV at the time. Where issues have been raised with ITV action has been taken.

“We can only act where we know that concerns have been raised, and will now be following up on those that had not previously been reported to us. If anyone has experienced or witnessed inappropriate behaviour while working on an ITV show, we encourage them to raise their concerns with us either directly or through our confidential speaking up hotline Safecall.”

Related Posts

Loose Women star Denise Welch’s three word warning after being scammed for thousands

Denise Welch has opened up about how she was scammed of thousands of pounds after making a huge error – and is warning others not to do…

Kym Marsh suffers another tragic family loss as she shares heartbreaking tribute

Actress Kym Marsh has revealed her family has suffered another devastating death as she paid an emotional tribute on her social media following the loss of her…

David Beckham makes big gesture on social media towards son Brooklyn amid rift

David Beckham showed his support for his eldest son Brooklyn Beckham on social media this week following rumours of a rift between some of the family in…

Clarkson’s Farm star Harriet Cowan claims she is ‘not making any money’ despite show

Harriet Cowan became a hit with Clarkson’s Farm viewers when she stepped in to help Jeremy Clarkson while Kaleb Cooper went away as she revealed the harsh…

Danniella Westbrook confesses her biggest regret as she looks back on her troubled past

Former EastEnders actress Danniella Westbrook says she doesn’t have any career regrets, but drugs will “always” be her biggest regret, as she’s opened up about her past…

Alex Jones fights tears as her rarely-seen husband appears on The One Show

Alex Jones was brought to tears during tonight’s episode of The One Show as her rarely-seen husband Charlie made a surprise appearance as she celebrated 15 years…