Prince William and King Charles want key thing ‘made clear’ about Meghan and Harry Nigeria trip

Prince William travelled the furthest away from his family since Kate Middleton revealed her cancer diagnosis to carry out two days of official engagements – meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been undertaking engagements in Nigeria

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s visit to Nigeria has been referred to as a ‘mini royal tour’ despite the pair famously stepping back from their senior Royal roles in 2020 – but one leading royal expert claims this term would not have “pleased” King Charles or Prince William.

Former BBC Royal correspondent Jennie Bond told OK!: “The King and Prince William are firmly of the belief that you are either in or out of the working Royals. This seems to be a rather strange halfway house. I think both the King and the Prince, and indeed the Government, will want it to be made clear that Harry is not representing either the Royal Family or Britain on this trip.”

Jennie revealed how William appears more at ease with wife Kate Middleton’s cancer recovery, as a key move indicates she’s “feeling stronger every day”. The Prince of Wales embarked on his furthest journey from his family since the Princess of Wales announced her cancer diagnosis, undertaking two days of official duties.

The leading Royal expert believed that this decision is a positive indication that Kate is “feeling stronger every day”.

READ MORE: Dementia and cancer could be prevented by taking 2p pill as Dr Michael Mosley says he’s taking it

william
The Prince of Wales did not meet up with his brother during his fleeting visit to the UK 
Image:
Getty)
William has been in Cornwall in his capacity as the head of the Duchy of Cornwall, highlighting the issue of homelessness with visits to the Nansledan Estate. During his visit, William also met with hospital staff on the Isles of Scilly and participated in an impromptu game of volleyball with young lifeguards on Fistral Beach.

Discussing William’s two-night stay away from home in Cornwall, Jennie said: “It’s great news that William feels relaxed enough to stay away for a night. I’ve no doubt that Catherine’s parents will be staying with her, but even so it must be a step in the right direction. Hopefully Catherine is feeling stronger every day and, with the sun now shining, she’ll be able to enjoy the great outdoors which, for her, has always been restorative.”

Kate out on an engagement last year
William is feeling ‘more relaxed’ about Kate’s recovery from cancer, according to a source 
Image:
PA)
While out and about, William provided an update on the Princess of Wales, stating: “She’s doing well, thanks,” before adding: “The children are very jealous that I am here… Maybe we might come later in the year.”

Prince William’s trip to Cornwall coincided with Prince Harry’s return to the UK for the 10th anniversary of the Invictus Games and his subsequent journey to Nigeria with Meghan Markle. Despite previous speculation, Harry did not meet with any Royal family members during his UK visit, including his father, King Charles.

Royal expert Jennie commented on the ongoing feud between the brothers: “I think we have to give up hope that the rift between the brothers will be healed at any time in the near future, or indeed ever.”

She added: “William’s head and heart must be bursting with all that he has on his plate right now: his wife’s cancer treatment, his father’s illness, his children growing up fast, the pressure for him to take on more royal duties, the prospect of becoming King earlier than he might ever have wanted.”

Britain's Prince Harry (R), Duke of Sussex, and Britain's Meghan (L), Duchess of Sussex, take part in activities as they arrive at the Lightway Academy in Abuja on May 10, 2024 as they visit Nigeria as part of celebrations of Invictus Games anniversary. (Photo by Kola SULAIMON / AFP) (Photo by KOLA SULAIMON/AFP via Getty Images)
Meghan and Harry at the Lightway Academy in Abuja as they visit Nigeria as part of celebrations of Invictus Games anniversary 
Image:

Jennie believes that dealing with ‘the Harry problem’ is likely too much for William at this point. She said: “Dealing with ‘the Harry problem’ is probably just one step too far for William. I believe he has moved on with his life and has, to all intents and purposes, disowned the brother to whom he was once so close.”

Related Posts

Loose Women star Denise Welch’s three word warning after being scammed for thousands

Denise Welch has opened up about how she was scammed of thousands of pounds after making a huge error – and is warning others not to do…

Kym Marsh suffers another tragic family loss as she shares heartbreaking tribute

Actress Kym Marsh has revealed her family has suffered another devastating death as she paid an emotional tribute on her social media following the loss of her…

David Beckham makes big gesture on social media towards son Brooklyn amid rift

David Beckham showed his support for his eldest son Brooklyn Beckham on social media this week following rumours of a rift between some of the family in…

Clarkson’s Farm star Harriet Cowan claims she is ‘not making any money’ despite show

Harriet Cowan became a hit with Clarkson’s Farm viewers when she stepped in to help Jeremy Clarkson while Kaleb Cooper went away as she revealed the harsh…

Danniella Westbrook confesses her biggest regret as she looks back on her troubled past

Former EastEnders actress Danniella Westbrook says she doesn’t have any career regrets, but drugs will “always” be her biggest regret, as she’s opened up about her past…

Alex Jones fights tears as her rarely-seen husband appears on The One Show

Alex Jones was brought to tears during tonight’s episode of The One Show as her rarely-seen husband Charlie made a surprise appearance as she celebrated 15 years…