Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set for major Palace invite despite royal feud

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to receive a major olive branch, but concerns over their security may prove a sticking point.

meghan and harry

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could still be set to receive a major Palace invite this summer – despite the ongoing royal feud.

Traditionally each August, the Royal Family enjoy getting together at Balmoral as they take a break away from royal commitments and duties.

The late Queen Elizabeth II is known to have enjoyed this cherished time with her loved ones, something that is enjoyed equally now by King Charles III.

Speaking to the Mirror, royal expert Ingrid Seward said that she believes there is “no doubt” that this invite will also be extended to Harry, Meghan and their two children, Archie, five, and Lilibet, who will celebrate her third birthday next month.

She told the publication: “Harry and Meghan’s security fears could well be a stumbling block to any kind of reunion with the royal family. But no doubt they have been invited to Balmoral this summer.

“As the late Queen discovered, Scotland offers the only quality time a Monarch has to devote to family.

“It would be very sad if Charles was denied the pleasure of seeing his grandchildren just because of Harry’s unfounded security woes.”

Speaking of the King’s relationship with his youngest son, Ms Seward said that the monarch is “wary” of Harry but but he won’t completely cut ties.

Discussing Harry’s recent visit to the UK, Ms Seward added: “When Prince Harry turned down his father’s offer to stay at a royal residence during his three-day trip to London in May, it was a surprise to the royal household The King was aware Harry had no UK base.

“He could not fail to be aware Harry was unduly anxious about security. But he was not aware that Harry would issue a statement saying his father was too busy to meet him. It was hurtful and even if true if they had been under the same roof a meeting might have been arranged.”

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…