BBC Strictly Craig Revel Horwood backs Giovanni Pernice ‘as only six complaints upheld’

Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood opens up about the report that upheld six complaints against Giovanni Pernice in the aftermath of the Amanda Abbington bullying scandal

Judge Craig Revel Horwood has backed Giovanni Pernice in the Strictly sleaze row.

Gio was accused of bullying his partner Amanda Abbington. An internal BBC investigation upheld six of 17 complaints against him but not those of physical aggression.

The Italian professional, 34, later insisted he was a “strict teacher” but was never a bully to the Sherlock star, 50.

And Craig says: “It says a lot that only six minor complaints out of the 17 were upheld in the BBC’s investigation. So, I feel now we can move forward with a fresh approach.”

He also added to Saga: “The good thing to come out of a difficult situation was the introduction of chaperones to Strictly. It’s great that now professionals and celebrities have someone to go to for advice and to resolve issues and conflicts before they become a problem.Striving for gold is never easy but gold is what competitors want, don’t they? At the same time, Strictly’s not the Olympics. It’s a dance show and it’s entertainment. We shouldn’t forget that.”

Craig Revel Horwood
Craig Revel Horwood speaks his mind on Giovanni Pernice 
Image:
DIGITAL/EROTEME.CO.UK)
Pernice has previously denied being a bully. He said after the findings of the report: ““Bully is a big word and there’s a difference between being a bully and caring about what you do.

“I’m glad 11 allegations have been thrown out. At the beginning there were very serious allegations, for instance threatening her or abusing her, and all of this has been taken out.

“I’m a strict teacher. I said it myself. I care about my job. I’m very competitive.

Craig also said it was going to be a double celebration when he celebrates his 60th birthday next year – as his mum has beaten cancer for the second time. He said: “My mum recently came through six months of chemo. She beat cancer the first time ten years ago, and she’s been given the all-clear again. She’s in very high spirits about that fact, as we all are.”

Related Posts

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…

A NEW SUPERSTAR BORN: RYAN THOMAS’ DAUGHTER REVEALS BOLD CAREER MOVE! SS

A NEW SUPERSTAR BORN: RYAN THOMAS’ DAUGHTER REVEALS BOLD CAREER MOVE! Ryan Thomas’ daughter in huge career move as she follows in One Direction’s footsteps Ryan Thomas…

“THIS MAY BE MY LAST UPDATE…” PAULA HUDGELL’S HEART-STOPPING MESSAGE FROM HOSPITAL BED! SS

“THIS MAY BE MY LAST UPDATE…” PAULA HUDGELL’S HEART-STOPPING MESSAGE FROM HOSPITAL BED! The words stopped supporters in their tracks. From her hospital bed, Paula Hudgell — the devoted…

SOAP FANS FUMING! CORRIE & EMMERDALE CANCELLED IN SCHEDULE CHAOS! SS

SOAP FANS FUMING! CORRIE & EMMERDALE CANCELLED IN SCHEDULE CHAOS! Coronation Street and Emmerdale are to be cancelled next week – with a schedule shake-up set to leave fans furious….