Prince Harry’s US visa row takes surprising ‘suspicious’ twist after latest update

A US think-tank plans to take further action after the latest ruling regarding Prince Harry’s US visa application.

The latest ruling regarding Prince Harry’s US visa application has been labelled “suspicious” by the same conservative Washington DC think-tank which initiated the requests to have the Duke’s immigration documents published.

Earlier this week, a judge ruled that the Duke of Sussex’s US visa application should remain private despite him admitting to taking drugs in his memoir, Spare.

Harry found himself in hot water after he released his memoir Spare in January 2023 and revealed he had previously used recreational drugs like cocaine, marijuana and magic mushrooms. Under US law, drug use can be grounds to reject a visa application.

The Heritage Foundation filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security demanding the publication of Harry’s visa documents following his explosive claims, claiming that the request was of “immense public interest”.

But in his latest ruling seen in court documents on Monday, US judge Carl Nichols said: “The public does not have a strong interest in disclosure of the Duke’s immigration records”.

Prince Harry

Prince Harry’s US visa update was labelled ‘suspicious’ by a think-tank (Image: Getty)

The latest update prompted the executive director of the think-tank’s Oversight Project, Mike Howell, to say that the “Prince Harry scandal just got a lot more suspicious”.

He told Newsweek that the think-tank’s case is not over as they will seek to appeal the ruling, adding: “President Trump has already suggested that Prince Harry will be deported next year – and the case for that just got a lot more compelling! Americans deserve an immigration system with both secure borders and also fairly applied rules for high-profile immigrants like Harry.”

Mr Howell added: “It certainly appears that Harry was given special treatment… and now we know it for something so serious that it involves extensive redactions. Americans will know the full story soon enough… Perhaps, Mr and Mrs Markle will tell us what’s beneath the redactions on their next Netflix special.”

Judge Nichols’s ruling said: “Like any foreign national, the duke has a legitimate privacy interest in his immigration status.

“And the duke’s public statements about his travel and drug use did not disclose, and therefore did not eliminate his interest in keeping private, specific information regarding his immigration status, applications, or other materials.”

Prince Harry's memoir

Prince Harry talked about his past drug use in Spare (Image: Getty)

He went on to say the public’s interest in the disclosure of Harry’s immigration records is “outweighed by the Duke’s privacy interest.

“Public disclosure of records about a single admission of a foreign national in the circumstances described above would provide the public, at best, limited information about the department’s general policy in admitting aliens.

“And the marginal public benefit of knowing that limited information is outweighed by the privacy interest the duke retains in his immigration status and records.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…