Prince Harry is all smiles as he launches a new programme without Meghan Markle

Prince Harry is currently in Vancouver, Canada, ahead of next year’s Invictus Games.

prince harry at an invictus games event

Prince Harry is all smiles at an Invictus Games event (Image: Invictus Games)

Prince Harry looks happy and relaxed as he launched a schools programme ahead of the 2025 Invictus Games in Canada.

The Duke of Sussex, 40, travelled to Vancouver solo to launch the programme and beamed as he spoke to children and gave a speech at the event.

The Invictus Games will be held in Vancouver and Whistler in February. Harry and Meghan attending a one-year-to-go event earlier this year.

But Harry is marking the countdown alone this week, as Meghan stays at home with their two children Prince Archie, five, and Princess Lilibet, three, and yesterday he joined students at Seaforth Armoury.

He launched an online programme at this historic military facility to introduce the Invictus Games into schools.

Invictus Games launch

Prince Harry launched a new schools programme (Image: PA)

He said: “Seeing them learn about the Invictus Games has had a profound impact on me because this is where Invictus starts to go even wider outside of the Invictus community, into schools in Canada and hopefully around the world.”

Harry, who served in the British Army for 10 years, launched the Invictus Games in 2014 as an international sports tournament for injured and wounded service personnel and returned veterans.

Addressing the crowd, the Duke also spoke of his emotions in seeing returned service personnel at the Games’ opening ceremony.

“You need to understand what that means to them because that can be a life-altering moment,” he said.

Invictus Games launch

Prince Harry hugs a student at the launch event (Image: PA)

“There’s resilience that has got them there. There’s teamwork that has managed to get them to the starting line, and there’s courage in getting them to that point.

“For most of them, for some of them, it’s very hard to walk into a busy room, and here they are walking into a stadium of tens of thousands of people.”

Related Posts

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…

A NEW SUPERSTAR BORN: RYAN THOMAS’ DAUGHTER REVEALS BOLD CAREER MOVE! SS

A NEW SUPERSTAR BORN: RYAN THOMAS’ DAUGHTER REVEALS BOLD CAREER MOVE! Ryan Thomas’ daughter in huge career move as she follows in One Direction’s footsteps Ryan Thomas…

“THIS MAY BE MY LAST UPDATE…” PAULA HUDGELL’S HEART-STOPPING MESSAGE FROM HOSPITAL BED! SS

“THIS MAY BE MY LAST UPDATE…” PAULA HUDGELL’S HEART-STOPPING MESSAGE FROM HOSPITAL BED! The words stopped supporters in their tracks. From her hospital bed, Paula Hudgell — the devoted…

SOAP FANS FUMING! CORRIE & EMMERDALE CANCELLED IN SCHEDULE CHAOS! SS

SOAP FANS FUMING! CORRIE & EMMERDALE CANCELLED IN SCHEDULE CHAOS! Coronation Street and Emmerdale are to be cancelled next week – with a schedule shake-up set to leave fans furious….