Meghan Markle chats to kids as she makes surprise gala appearance – without Harry

The Duchess of Sussex stunned in a glamorous red dress at a star-studded gala event in Los Angeles – she’d previously sported the gown at a 2021 event she attended with husband Harry

Meghan Markle has re-worn an eye-catching dress she’d previously been seen in alongside Prince Harry – but he was nowhere to be seen this time.

The Duchess of Sussex sported the red Carolina Herrera gown for a star-studded night at the LA Children’s Hospital gala on Saturday evening.

And she was noticeably without Harry, who has also been on several trips recently without his wife. Since moving to the United States, the Duke of Sussex has usually been seen at official events with Meghan at his side and yet in recent weeks he has been without her for engagements including in New York, the UK and South Africa.

This time it was Meghan flying solo as she met with children at the event in Los Angeles, presented by Kaley Cuoco, Jamie Lee Curtis and Colin Hanks. Photos from the event showed her smiling and chatting to the kids while sporting the dress she had previously worn at a 2021 gala in New York on the eve of Armistice Day in the UK and Veterans Day in the US.

Meghan attended the event without Prince Harry
Meghan attended the event without Prince Harry 
Image:
Variety via Getty Images)

The Duchess of Sussex was dressed in a red Carolina Herrera outfit
The Duchess of Sussex was dressed in a red Carolina Herrera outfit 
Image:
Variety via Getty Images)

Harry has attended 10 engagements without Meghan in the last couple of weeks, as she reportedly skipped one charity event she’d been expected to attend with her husband because she was unwell.

Harry was at a central London hotel at the end of September as he attended the WellChild Awards ceremony to honour some of the country’s bravest children, while supporting a charity he has been a patron of for 16 years.

He then headed off to Lesotho and South Africa for his Sentebale charity with again no mention of Meghan. Dressed in a white shirt, dark blazer and slim-fitting jeans, Harry smiled as he stood with Princess of Lethoso, Senate Seeiso for a snap she posted to her Instagram page. The 22-year-old wrote: “Had a pleasure of hosting a lunch today”, as she shared the image in a reel.

She previously wore the dress at a 2021 gala in New York
She previously wore the dress at a 2021 gala in New York 
Image:
Getty Image

During his visit, Harry is believed to have met with world business leaders and philanthropists in the region to work towards fostering prosperity in Southern African communities, specifically for young people. But the lack of Meghan’s presence has led to plenty of debate and one source in California told the Daily Mail that it is the new “solo Harry” who “wants space”.

And another insider based in London told the outlet it was because he wanted to be taken more seriously. They stated: “This definitely feels like he is upping his game to cement his position as a serious player on the international stage. He’s always been desperate to be taken seriously and people I know say his fall from grace will really have got to him.”

The source added: “It is a surprise that he went to Lesotho without Meghan. There may be a good reason she can’t leave the kids, but she’s never been to Lesotho and that surprises me – it is like a second home [to Harry]. He first went there as a teenager and the royal family there is like his second family.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…